XVI. TIME TO FIGHT

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
TIME TO FIGHT

|

            They hit the water, letting the dragon free as Rosalie crashed into the lake, gasping up water as she swam up, seeing the others. Choking on the water, she followed them to the shore, spitting up the water and trying to control her breathing when she got on land.

         "He knows," Harry told them, out of breath, "You-Know-You. He knows we broke into Gringotts. He knows what we took. He knows we're hunting Horcruxes."

         "How is it you –"

         "I saw him," Harry stopped Hermione's question, rising confusion in Rosalie before remembering a meeting with the Death Eaters long ago. I have a special connection with Potter...she had chills at the thought of it.

         "You let him in! Harry, you can't –"

         "I can't always help it, Hermione!" Harry snapped before frowning, "Maybe I can. I don't know."

         "Never mind!" Ron rolled his eyes, "What did you see?"

         "He's angry. But he's scared too. He's going to make sure the other Horcruxes are safe," Harry informed.

         "What happens when he finds out four are gone?" Ron questioned again.

         "I reckon he'll do anything to stop us from finding the rest. There's more: one of them's at Hogwarts."

         "What?" the other three exclaimed at once before Hermione added, "You saw it?"

         "I saw the castle. And Rowena Ravenclaw. I think it must have something to do with her. We have to go there, now," Harry decided.

         "Really? Hogwarts is being taught by Death Eaters now – Snape leading them," Rosalie disagreed, "There's no way we can get in there without being killed."

         "Right...and we don't even have a plan. We have to figure out what –"

         Again, Harry cut her off, "Honestly, Hermione, when have any of our plans actually worked? We plan, we get there, and all hell breaks loose!"

         "Afraid he's right," Ron nodded, "And like Rosalie said, we can't just walk in the front door."

         "We'll go to Hogsmeade," Harry decided, "To Honeydukes. Take the secret in the cellar." He paused for a second before adding, "There's something wrong with him. In the past, I could always follow his thoughts...now everything feels disconnected."

         "Maybe it's because of the Horcruxes," Ron suggested, "Maybe he's growing weaker. Maybe he's dying."

         "No," the Potter boy shook his head, "It's more like he's wounded. If anything, he feels more dangerous."