IX. HE'S GONE

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
HE'S GONE

|

            Rosalie woke up to more screaming. At first she thought it was Ron again, and she thought that the whole day before had only been a dream and she was lying on the ground, him screaming in pain, and he hadn't been treated yet. But as she looked around, vision blurry as she fluttered her eyes open and close, she realized that she was in a sleeping bag inside a tent, not out on the grass with a Weasley moaning in pain.

         No, this time it had been Harry. She saw Hermione bolt to her friend, and Rosalie too felt compelled to help, though she didn't know why. And she stood up from her sleeping bag, almost falling as she felt a tiny dizzy spell from how fast she stood up, and sat down next to the Granger girl who was peering over the boy.

         "I thought it had stopped," Hermione softly said, looking at Harry once he woke up, but Harry shook his head at her comment. (And Rosalie felt confused.) "You can't let him in, Harry. Dumbledore himself said it. You have to close your mind. It's too dangerous –"

         And at that moment, Rosalie felt more confused than she had ever felt in her life. What were they talking about? She wondered, but she never dared to stop their conversation, which seemed quite important. But Harry continued.

         "It's not a candle I can blow out, Hermione. It always burns, even if it's just a flicker. Can you understand that?"       

         Harry turned away, causing Hermione to frown, "Tell me. What you saw."

         "He's found him. Vol –" Rosalie sucked in a breath, but Harry stopped himself. "You-Know-How. He's found Gregorovitch –"

         "The wandmaker?" Hermione asked him, cutting off the rest of what Harry was going to say.

         "Yes," Harry nodded, "How'd you know?"

         "Viktor got his wand from Gregorovitch. Most Durmstrang students did at one time. What's he got to do with You-Know-How?"

         "Yeah, I don't understand what he would need from the wandmaker," Rosalie added, confusion written on her face because she knew him – know Voldemort – and didn't know why he would need another wand when he already stole Lucius Malfoy's.

         "You-Know-Who wants something Gregorovitch once had – dunno what. But he's desperate to have it. It's as if his life depends on it," Harry answered. There was a squawk from inside – the radio – and Harry's eyes flared.

         "Don't – it...comforts him," Hermione stopped Harry from going on a rampage.

         "Well it sets my teeth on edge. What's he expecting to hear?" Harry snapped, "Good news?"