I'm His Maid, He's My Valentine 04

Recap…

"Are you all right?" Master asked, sitting up straight as he replaced the bored expression with something else. In my state, I deciphered it as concern.

Unable to respond, I brought a hand to my head as it started throbbing, causing the room to spin even faster. Master Josh stood up slowly, seemingly unsure of what to do.

Before I even had a chance to say something, the room tilted. The last thing I saw was the appalled look on Master's face as he moved rapidly from his seat.

My vision blacked out.

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

CHAPTER 04

My body felt heavy, immobile, like there was a load of weight on top of me, preventing my body from getting up. When I finally forced my eyes to open, the first thing I noticed was the oddly familiar sight.

Those beautiful crystal chandeliers on the high ceiling – I’d seen them so many times before… but where?

Then it hit me. I was at home in the mansion. Twisting to the right, I tried to explore every object I could. Even in the dark, I was able to recognise the narrow book shelf located in the nearest corner, the study desk beside it and the wide closet that took up the rest of the area on that side of the room.

What on Earth was I doing in Master Josh’s bedroom at this time of the night?

As dazed as I felt, I was too exhausted to make sense of all this. Letting my head fall back onto the pillow, I squinted, searching for the clock on the bedside table. The lamp which illuminated the area allowed me to read the time on the square alarm clock – quarter to one.

A small groan escaped my lips as I sunk lower beneath the blanket, seeking warmth. In the process, something soft as a feather tickled my left arm.

I halted, twisting my head around. Lying there on his arms, leaning against the edge of the bed was Master Josh, sleeping soundlessly. His hair tickled my arm again as he moved into a more comfortable position.

I was absolutely shocked. My first instinct was to scream, but somehow, I managed to tone it down to a loud gasp instead.

The two of us jerked away from each other.

Master eyed me with slight confusion for a second before his expression changed to one of fatigue. He bent his head back, then to the side as he used a hand to massage his neck. “Are you feeling better now?” he asked, sounding tired as his eyelids lifted.

“I’m-” I stopped, clearing my throat. “I’m fine.” My eyes were still wide, unable to believe that I had just woken up with him next to me.

Master Josh stood up, walking over to the table beside the big Plasma TV. It was only then that I realised he was still wearing his school uniform. Looking down at myself, I realised so was I.

Incapable of finding the strength to lift my head up and take a look at what he was doing, I lied there, motionless.

Master returned after a minute. “Here, take a drink.” He kept his stance beside the bed as he handed me a glass of water.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. I felt so happy; I could have cried tears of joy right then. Fortunately, I found my voice. “Thank you.” The words that escaped my lips were barely audible; it made me doubt he had even heard it.

While I took a sip from the glass, Master Josh sat back down on the chair. “You’ve been sleeping here for almost eight hours now. Still remember what happened?”