One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Six: Similarities

Chapter Six

Fences by Paramore

Yeah, yeah well you're just a mess
You do all this, big talking
So now let's see you walk it
I said let's see you walk it

~~~

It's hard to pretend as if everything is alright when the world is crashing down around you. Jordyn had managed to fool herself into believing that Klaus wouldn't be able to find her at least for a while, or that he would just give up.

The truth was, Klaus saw Jordyn as valuable. He needed her, and if he actually managed to get a hold of her again, Klaus would become invincible…and the entire world along with the human and supernatural populations alike would be at his mercy.

Though there was one thing Jordyn had to admit. She had time before Klaus would show up. Knowing him, he would probably be planning some big dramatic entrance.

So whenever he appeared, she would be ready to fight until her dying breath. Until then…

All she would have to do is pretend as if nothing's wrong.

…Things never go the way they are supposed to though.

~~~

Jordyn called Bonnie the next morning claiming she wasn't feeling good and asked if Bonnie wouldn't mind picking up Kiara for school. She agreed and said she'd be there in an hour.

Kiara didn't want to go to school. She was worried about her friend and she could tell Jordyn was planning something dangerous…and the fact that a powerful vampire was after her friend worried her even more.

Though a horde of demons AND a very angry vampire were after Kiara herself. It made her wonder whose problem was worse.

Hers or Jordyn's.

After Bonnie stopped by and picked up a reluctant Kiara, Jordyn searched through her closet for the bag she had hidden under her mound of clothes. Taking it out of the closet, she went outside in front of the house and opened the bag, pulling out the candles and she put them in a circle surrounding herself.

Next, she took out a piece of chalk and drew symbols next to each of the candles carefully. If everything wasn't perfectly right then it would all back fire on her.

After completing the symbols, which took a little over an hour, she grabbed the final item out of her back.

The leather bound book, her grimoire.

Sitting in the middle of the circle, fire sprang up lighting all the candles surrounding her. The book flew open and pages flipped rapidly before suddenly stopping on a page written in old ink, the words seemed to glow as if waiting for her to begin the incantation.

Here I go. She thought before closing her eyes. Instantly, words started to fly out of her mouth with no pause, the grimoire floating in front of her.

This was one of the most difficult spells she knew. It allowed the user to temporarily see whatever it's target is seeing.

"You know what your supposed to do." The words were coming out of her mouth, but the voice wasn't hers. It was Klaus.

"Find her, bring her to you. Yeah yeah, I know." The man that stood in front of her, or should she say Klaus, looked annoyed-his crimson colored hair sticking up all over. The crimson haired man stared at her/Klaus for a minute before saying, "Are you sure about this?"

She/Klaus arched an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I be?"

A dark chuckle escaped the man's lips. "You know why." His eyes darkened. "…She betrayed us…"