Chapter 2

It was a nice, sunny day. As young, dark-haired shrine maiden dressed in red was casually sweeping the wooden floor of her shrine, she was approached by the blonde witch.

~ The Shrine Maiden at the edge of the Hakurei Barrier – Reimu Hakurei
- Watch where you're landing that broom of yours, Marisa! If you gonna make that dust scatter everywhere, I'l lmake you clean that.
- Sorry Reimu. Why are you gettin' so worked up?
- Sorry. I was cleaning all day long cause of these mischeavous faries – she sighed.
- Fairies? You mean that three faires in red, blue, and white?
- Yeah and I thought I caught a glimpse of a fourth one. But whatever. What brings you here, Marisa?
- Well, I thought I'd share a quick info on an outgoing incident with you.
- Incident? But there is no incident.
- Well, simply, because I resolved it before you even noticed there was something big happening.
- I'm 100% sure you're pulling my leg.
- Eee?! I'd have never done something like that ze!
- Dirty liar... There was no incident!
- Then explain this! - Marisa shouted, as she eagerly pulled out a half of a blue-caped shroom.
- It's... Some kind of a mushroom? And so, what of it?
- I just battled that doll handler youkai for it! The battle was so fierce we destroyed a half of it. It was amazing da ze! Maybe that shroom gave her some sort of kick, ya know.
- And I thought, it went something along the lines of: We had a duel for a shroom and we accidentally split it into two with danmaku.
- Well, you can think what you want to think. I knew you wouldn't have appreciated it. A pearl to a pig.
- Actually... Alice was there before you.
- What?
- She visited me on her way to the village. She told me the whole story in case you would've come rambling about it and started spewing out lies. Anyway, I don't know anything about these shrooms. And if they're from the outside world, then what? There are a lot of things crossing the barrier. Look at the Kourindou.
- Well... But still. It is strange.
- Why is that?
- Think about it. When something crosses the barrier it usually is like ya know... An object, ze. And now it grows everywhere!
- What about the dandelions?
- Now that you've mentionted it... But wait! If Yukari knew something back then, then maybe she knows something about these shrooms too!
- I was wondering about that, but she is nowhere to be seen. Anyway, now after all that cleaning, I have a carving for something to snack on. Care to join?
- Hell yeah!
- But only if you clean after yourself!
- Well... I just thought of visiting Rinnosuke. Maybe he knows something about these shrooms. You know that ability of his. Also Kourindou is full of outside world's stuff.
- Well ok then. Then I'll have to drink that super rare sake all by myself – said Reimu, as she reached for a bottle standing by the wooden stairs.
- Ok, ok. I'll help for the sake da ze!
          All shelves were stacked with a wide range of items. Most of the objects in Kourindou were not native to Gensokyou. The gray haired man clothed in black and blue was digging through the strange items and boxes as if he was looking for something.
~ Half-way Used Goods Seller – Rinnosuke Morichika
- I definitely didn't remember it being that cluttered – he mumbled to himself, as he was going through the layers of cardboard boxes.
Then he heard it.
- Hello? Is anybody there?
A customer.
- I'm coming! - He yelled across the storage area while trying his best to escape the deadly clutches of never-ending hills of items. When he has finally reached the door, he saw his customer waiting for him in perfectly still position. Yes, this devilish maid was a picture of elegance and perfection even in something like waiting.
- Hello. How can I help you?
- Well, I have something I wanted to ask you on behalf of the mistress.
-What is it, then? - He started to grow a little curious.
- This – said Sakuya as she pulled out a blue-capped shroom. - Have you seen it?
- Actually, yes. I have seen it. - Not only did he see it, but it was the item he was searching for in the storage.
- I've stared finding mushrooms like this all around Kourindou a while ago. Now it even started to grow inside the storage room.
- These sound like  really pesky lilttle fellows.
- They are. And I don't even know whether these really are edible.
- Well, I haven't tried them for myself...
"That sounds like you used someone else to try them out" – He thought.
- Anyway. You have a lot of outsideworld goods.
- You want to know if they are from the outside?
- Precisely.
- Well... It is hard to find them in the village. These grow only in the store surrounded by the outsideworld objects.
- Is it really all you know?
- Yes, it is.
- If you wanna know that badly, I'll tell you where to find it da ze.
Rinnosuke was so indulged in the conversation he hasn't even noticed when Marisa making an entrance. Sakuya, on the opposite hand, had shown no signs of shock or surprise.
- It grows in some various places in the Forest of Magic – stated Marisa.
- Various places? - Maid turned to her.
- Yeah, especially in areas close to the shrine. But that's all the info I've got. I thought I may stumble upon some info in here ze.
- Well, I have nothing to add to my statement. I know nothing – replied Rinnosuke.
- I have to go now. The mistress is waiting - said Sakuya, as she was heading to the exit.
Now she knew what to report to the mistress.

In the lavish gardens of Scarlet Devil Mansion, the lady of the red moon was waiting. Under the elegant umbrella was she, sitting and enjoying her red tea.
- Mistress.
The maid appeared behind her like a phantom, but Remilia was not shocked.
- Ah, Sakuya. And what is your report? Have you learned anything?
- It appears that our thinking was correct. This strange shroom grows close to the outsideworld's objects or Hakurei Barrier.
- That's not enough to prove that it truly is from the outside. But that's all evidence we've got. I will have Patchouli look into it. Now go and bring me that chocolate cake you had baked last night.
- Yes, my lady.