Chapter 9- awkward alert

Sylvia POV
Same day

I'm in zayns car as we headed to the secret destination.  "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" I asked repeatedly in a annoying little girl tone. "I'm guess you're feeling better" Zayn said. "No, I just want to annoy you." I said with a innocent smile. Zayn rolled his eyes. Zayn chuckled. "We have arrived" Zayn said as he pulled up into a semi crowded bowling alley. "This is your big surprise?" I asked. "You can't judge until you do it." Zayn said.

Bowling. He took me bowling! This guy really knows her to cheer someone up! Note my sarcasm. "Ready?" Zayn asked. "No the real question is are you ready to get you're ass beat?" I asked. "There's a difference between being cocky and being truthful. That sentence was full of cockiness." He said. We both got out of the car and headed inside. "Let actions speak better than words" I said and crossed my arms. "Pft." Zayn spit out. Literally.

We walked up to the desk and saw a old woman. "Hi, how may I help you?" The lady asked. "Hi. Can we have 3 games and a size 10. And a size.....what size are you?" Zayn asked. "7" I said. "Sure. That will be $20.34" she said. "You guys are such a cute couple" she said as Zayn dug I'm his wallet to find the cash. My eyes widened. Zayns head lifted up. "No. We aren't-" we both said in unison.

Awkward....... Zayn paid her and we headed to get our shoes in silence. So much awkward silence. "And the trophy goes to....... Sylvia!" I faked a ceremony. "You mean the second place trophy?" Zayn asked. "Touché" I said. We both chuckled. We got to our lane and set up the tv thingy. I have really good English, I know. "I'm going first?" I asked. Zayn nodded. "Lady's first" Zayn said. "Then why aren't you going first?" I asked. "Ha ha ha. Very funny." Zayn said sarcastically. "Some people like to call me the roast master." I said.

Zayn and I both laughed. I grabbed my ball and got ready to beat Zayn. "Don't slip" Zayn said. I rolled my eyes. "STRIKE!" I yelled and threw my hands up in the air. "Calm down now. It's only the first frame" Zayn said cockily. "That was the first frame where you get to witness the beginning of the embarrassment of Zayn" I said and smiled. I'm really competitive. Can ya tell?

Zayn got up and he got ready to final miserably. "Don't fall!" I said before he bowled. "No strike. That means I'm winning." I said. "Not for long" he said. "Keep wishin'" I said.

>>

The first game I won 120-100. The 2nd game he won 130-108. "It's the last game in the 10 frame. If Zayn gets a strike he wins. If he doesn't then Sylvia wins." I pretended like I announced. "Let's make this interesting. If I win, you have clean my whole house for 2 weeks." Zayn said. I pretended to stoke my invisible beard. "Interesting. If I win, you have to be my servant for 2 weeks.." I said. I love six flags. "Deal" he said. We shook hands on it. That's how serious it was.

He got ready to bowl. I'm so nervous. This is life or death. It went down in slow motion it seemed like. "I WON!!!" Zayn said. My heart dropped. Zayn pointed at me and jumped up and down as he said "ha ha ha ha" repeatedly like a child. Why me? Just why me? "Let's go maid." Zayn said. I didn't say anything. We returned the balls and the shoes. We headed back into his car. "I won" Zayn said.

My dignity is gone. R.i.p dignity. "Well, today's you're first shift." Zayn said. "I hate you" I said.. No you don't. Shut up mind!

>>

We got to zayns house but no one was home because it's 12:00. "So, you can start by cleaning the kitchen floor. Here's the mop. Here's the soap thingy. And here the bucket" Zayn said as he handed me all the supplies. " I hate my life" I mumbled. I worked on the kitchen.  I saw Zayn standing outside. After I was finished, I quietly walked outside without Zayn noticing and shoved him in the pool!

I laughed so hard. "I can't breathe!" I said as I died of laughter. "What the hell!" Zayn exclaimed. "You told me to clean so, I decided to clean you!" I said and laughed more. "That's it Mathews" Zayn said and ran out of the pool and started chasing me. I quickly ran inside and locked the door. I waved at Zayn through the glass scream door with a innocent smile. I started making silly faces at him making  him laugh.

I stuck my tongue out and everything. God, I'm so childish. Zayn lifted up a key member front of the glass. "Shit" I thought to myself. I began running upstairs. I heard the door open so I ran faster. I ran into zayns room and locked it. I knew it was zayns room since it has a gigantic sign that says 'zayns room' on the door. Typical Zayn. I started looking around in his room since I don't have to worry about anything.

I'm so gonna tease him! "Is it ok if I search through you're stuff?" I asked. "No! Mathews!" Zayn said and punch the door. I looked in his desk and saw a bunch of letter. I looked at the letters and they where signed off by someone called "you're true mother". I wonder what that means.

Ooooooh. Zayns ADOPTED!!! I unlocked the door and looked at Zayn. "Mathews! How dare you go through my stuff-" zayn began. "You're adopted" I cut him off. "What." Zayn said. "You're adopted." I said. "Mathews, I don't have time for this" Zayn said and snatched the letter out of my hands and put it back where it was.

I stood there in shock. Zayn sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. He ran his fingers through his hair which was kinda hot. I sat down next to him. "I'm sorry."I said. "You didn't do anything." Zayn said. "I know but I know how it feels to not be around you're true parent like a normal child." I said. "What are you talking about Mathews" he said. "My mom is divorced. I have a step father. I give him a hard time. He took all of my clothing, food, and living environment away from me." I told.

Zayn looked at me. "It's hard to not have you're true Parent raise you" Zayn said. "It's like you're a lost child that got lost from you're true family" I said. "I never knew that a amazing football quarter back with thousands of girls throwing themselves at him, would have not a normal life" I said. "Popularity doesn't define me" Zayn said. "Why didn't you ever tell me this?" I asked. "I never told anyone before" Zayn said. "Well, you didn't exactly tell me, I kinda knew then just put it into more detail." I said.

Zayn rolled his eyes. "You can tell me anything." I said and put my hand on his hand. HWY DID I DO THAT?!? My heart is racing. Awkward alert. Awkward alert.

Great, now I'm sweating. I removed my hand awkwardly and got up. "So, what's next for me to clean?" I said awkwardly. Zayn got up and came close to me.  The next thing I knew, I was kissing the star quarterback.