Chapter 12

~4 votes and three comments for next chapter!~

Later that night I woke up to a naked chest. I shot up and relaxed realizing it was just Isaac. After we had that talk we decided to go to sleep since both of us were exhausted.

I laughed slightly, he's always been a cuddler. I stretched quietly and leaned over Isaac to grab my phone off the stand. I had one new text message from Stiles that was sent three minutes ago.

You need to come down to the sheriff's department. Jackson got out of the van and we went to tell my dad about it but Jackson was already there. He filed a restraining order on Scott, you, and me. Need to discuss details.

Seriously? God, what an ass. I stood up and grabbed some skinny jeans and slipped them on silently. "Where are you going?" Isaac grumbled looking at me with half of his face squished on the pillow still. I grabbed on of his sweatshirts and slipped it on over my sports bra.

"I gotta go down to the Sheriff's department. Jackson filed a restraining order on us" I held up a hand as he went to speak. "it's a long story." He nodded and rolled over going back to sleep. "I'll see you in a little." I said throwing my long hair into a messy bun. I texted Stiles an on my way, and quickly jogged there.

Once I got there I went inside an walked down the hall. Then suddenly an arm reached out and quickly pulled me into an empty room without anyone seeing. I turned around and was about ready to go all ninja shit on whoever it was and sighed when I saw Stiles and Scott. "What the hell?" I whispered to Stiles while Scott was on the phone.

Stiles shushed me. "Lydia translated some of the bestiary, the kanima doesn't seek a friend he seeks a master. Someone is controlling Jackson." The anger in me quickly washed away and Stiles and I walked up to the desk where Scott put the call with Allison on speaker.

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him." Allison started as Scott came to stand on the other side of the counter across from Stiles and I. "Or he doesn't remember" Scott suggested.

"What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles asked and I crossed my arms asking, "a fugue state?"

"He'd have to forget everything. The murder-"

"Getting rid of the blood" Allison cut in from the other line.

"Yeah, he had help with one thing- the video. And someone else helped him forget that."  Stiles said.

I shrugged, "whoever's controlling him?"

I backed away from the desk and walked around looking at the posters and articles on the wall while thinking. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?"

"He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." I called from the other side of the room loud enough for Allison to hear through the phone.

"So do we try and convince him he's not?"

"If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah."

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?"

"Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us." I rolled my eyes walking back over to the counter. "Right?"

<^-^<     >^-^>

 "You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Sheriff spoke the details and rules of the retraining order as Scott, Stiles, and I sat in the chairs in the questioning room. Stiles' dad was in here along with Mr. Whittemore and Ms. McCall who was standing in the doorway.