Chapter 14

Hey, so apparently I'm being annoying for asking for comments. Pretty much every other book has a vote/comment goal too so I don't see what the problem is... Anyways I'm gonna stop asking for a goal and just update whenever I feel like it. Just letting you guys know now it won't be nearly as fast as I usually am with updating. So yeah get ready for slow updates...

<^_^<     >^_^>

"What's he doing here?"

That was the first thing coming out of Scott's mouth as he opened the door to the clinic letting Derek, Isaac, and I in. He was talking about Isaac as they glared at each other. Scott had called Derek down because Scott agreed to be part of the pack if we catch Jackson, not kill him, and do it his way. Which I wasn't complainng, Scott doesn't wanted to kill Jackson like Derek does.

Derek ignored Scott walking past him and simply saying, "I need him, both of them." Scott shut the door and I could tell he still wasn't over the whole Isaac tried to paralize Lydia to see if she was the kanima deal.

"Oh no I'm fine with Erin being here. I just don't trust him."

Isaac ushered me forward towards the counter saying, "yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either."

I rolled my eyes. I've had another of them bickering all the time. We have a common enemy so we should try to work together. "You know what? And Erin really doesn't care."  

Derek huffed ignoring at three of us and said, "Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?"

Deaton appeared from around the corner and said, "that depends. Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" 

Derek, Scott, and I spoke at the same time. Scott and I said "save him" while Derek said "kill him." Scott and I glared at Derek and Scott told Derek, "save him."

They stared intently at each other and I rolled my eyes turning to the vet with a friendly smile and repeated, "save him." Deaton nodded and led us to the back where he healed and helped the pets. He set down a container with jars filled with many different liquids and powders. He stood on one side of the counter and Scott, Isaac, and Derek stood on the other side while I stood on the end.

Isaac reached forward and went to grab a jar when Derek gripped his wrist saying, "watch what you touch." He released him and Isaac leaned down to rest his elbows on the countertop with a cocky smirk on his face.

"So, what are you? Some kind of a witch?" I rolled my eyes at his attitude and reached around Scott to slap him on the back of the head. Deaton let out a small smile at my actions and turned to Isaac again picking up a jar. "No, I'm a veterinarian." He set the jar down again and looked back up. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

Derek looked quite mad and grumbled out, "we're open for suggestions." I shrugged hopping up to sit on the counter behind me and said, "What about an effective offense?"

"We alreadt tried." Derek defended, "I nearly took his head off. And Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just get's back up." 

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" 

"Just one, it can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson too?" 

I couldn't help but laugh, "no he's captain of the swim team." 

Deaton nodded, "essentially, you're trying to catch two people." he turned around to open a drawer and grabbed something from it. He turned back around, "a puppet" he lifted a coin with some kind of creature on it sitting cross legged holding what appears to be strings. He set the coin down on the table, "and a puppeteer. One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"