Gray and Lucy's Day

Here we go! Day one! x)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Gray's POV*

I trotted up to Strauss and I could see Lucy sitting inside through the window. I'm not even inside yet but she's already nervous. Man how am I going to greet her. I walked in and waited until she saw me, then I started to walk towards her. I sat down.

"Hey Lucy," I said gently and with a little wave. She smiled and replied, "H-hey Gray."

"So you remember my name?" I chuckled a little from surprise. She lightly giggle, it was cute, but cute as in the way you would see a baby.

"O-oh uh yea, so umm.." She looked around trying to avoid anything else. So I started again.

"Ok well I'm Gray Fullbuster. I'm kind of Natsu's best friend, even though I hate to admit it. We met once, but this is our offical meet. It's nice to know you," I smiled after hoping I didn't scare her.

"I-I'm L-Lucy Heartfillia, a-and it's also nice to m-meet you.........whooo I'm glad we got that out of the way!" She slid down in her chair and sighed from relief. Then she smiled at me like we already knew each other....I am so confused right now.

"U-uh did I miss s-something?" Now I'm the one stuttering. -.-

"Oh I'm sorry let me explain. Well I wanted to meet you first because you were the one out of eleven that I wasn't very nervous about. It's weird but I feel like I can easily talk to you and Natsu, like I've known you both for so long. Heh but yea, I was nervous at first because I'm never been good with introductions, sorry about that." She slightly smiled then sat up in embarrassment. I chuckled a bit.

"Oh it's ok, no need for apologies. But hey it makes me feel better to know that you're comfortable around me." I smiled at her.

Before we could say anything else, the waiter came. It was Lisanna, right I forgot it's her families company. I never liked her, she's crazy when it comes to Natsu. I can't let her get to him, he is my best bro after all.

When she approached us, she immediately eyed Lucy. I now knew that she saw Natsu and Lucy together, and she hated when Natsu talked to other girls other than her, even me! And I'm not even a girl!!

"Hi, what can I get you two 'love birds'?" I knew what she was doing, but I won't let her get her way. "Uhm, I'll have a strawberry ice cream," Lucy said.

"I'll get a vanilla ice cream, thanks." She took our orders then glared at Lucy and walked away. Thank god Lucy didn't notice. But I had to keep an eye on Lisanna for any tricks she was ready to pull out.

"So are you with that girl, with the blue hair?" Lucy asked me, she smiled at me to confirm she wasn't going to try anything. She's really cool.

"Oh Juvia? Yea I am." I smiled and thought of what she might be doing right now. "I think that's really cute," Lucy said.

"Oh ha, thanks." I wasn't sure how to react, usually Juvia answers when someone compliments us. Lucy giggled at me, "you're a shy type huh? You're used to being so cool that you kind of don't know how to react when it comes to a significant other."

Wow, she read me like an open book.

"W-what?!" I responded too quickly. She smirked at me, and I sighed, "is it that obvious?"

She smiled, "well yes to a girl, but don't worry, I don't think any guy will notice." Thank god. I laughed at her remark, then I saw Lisanna behind the counter grabbing our ice cream, then she glanced at Lucy before picking them up. I knew what she was up to.