Distance

A week of school has gone by and it has felt like a year. I have been so worn out lately and I haven't been able to bring myself to go near any of Caleb's friends. I don't know if it is because I'm secretly embarrassed or I know that they will judge me if they knew.

Four hasn't spoken to me since Monday and he has come to visit several times over the week with the others. But they mostly spend their time out the back or in the lounge room so I've kept my distance. It's Friday again and I glad that the first week of school has gone by quickly.

I got home from school early so I could eat before my friends got here so we could study. Heading down stairs after I got changed I put some fries in the oven and head to the fridge for a drink.

I hear the front door open and several voices come though. Caleb. I stick my head out the door to see then enter. No Four great.

Will notices me first and gives me a small wave. This causes everybody else to look in my direction.

"Hey Tris." Caleb says and drops his bag at the front door. "Hey." I say meekly and go back into the kitchen.

"If you need us we're in the basement." Uriah calls as I assume they go down into the basement.

I continue to wait for my chips when I hear the music start to get louder and louder. I groan and decide it would be best to tell them to turn it down so that's what I do.

I open the basement door and their music hits me like a brush of air. I scrunch up my nose as I walk down the stairs ready to tell them off.

"Caleb can you turn it down I'm about to start studying?" I say when I reach the bottom. No one notices me standing there so I walk over turning it down when makes every look at me.

"I'm trying to study." I say bluntly. I turn it up a little bit more and then I start to walk up the stair when I stop myself. Curiosity did kill the cat. But honestly I wanted to know.

"Where is Four?" I ask the group of boys as they stand around the pool table in the basement. The red plastic cups in their hands tell me that they're probably staying here tonight.

"Um last I heard he was hanging with Lauren." Caleb says while lining up his next shot. He brings back his arm and swings it back in a smooth motion.

"Yeah we all know what hanging out means." Zeke says with a laugh while giving Will a high five. Caleb looks from me to Zeke.

"Why?" He asks me and I just shrug. "No reason he hasn't been over in a while I thought that the two of you had broken up." I say and Caleb brushes off my bromance comment and takes another shot.

"I'll tell him you miss him next time I see him." Caleb smirks and the boys start chuckling. Thinking it might not be the best idea to make a comment I walk over to the pool table knocking some of the balls around.

They all complain and I just walk up stairs happily. When I get up stairs I hear the door bell ring. I open it to see Marlene, Shauna and Christina.

"Hey ladies." I greet happily. Standing aside to let them walk in. I shut the door once they enter.

Xx

"Okay I'm officially over it can we please stop." Christina says loudly while knocking her chemistry book on the floor. The rest of us follow suit, shutting my books I stand at lift my arms above my head stretching.

"Food?" I ask putting my books on my desk. "Yes food." They reply happily. They both get up and we head down stairs.

When we pass the basement door we can't help but hear all the commotion down stairs. Shauna just looks at me and I shrug. "Caleb." I say simply and they nod in understanding.

We walk into the kitchen and I make dinner while we small talk until we hear the basement door open and loud music bellow from down stairs. The door closes and the music is muffled slightly when we hear laughing.

"Ladies nice to see you why haven't you come down yet." Zeke says walking into the kitchen along with Caleb.

"Oh yeah well we didn't really wanna sorry." Shauna answers back with sass and shrugs her shoulders.

"Really you know we're actually fun when you do get to know us." Zeke retorts and moves past Shauna to get to the fridge.

"I highly doubt that I bet I could drink you under the table." Shauna says to Zeke and then looks at Caleb in conformation. Caleb laughs while going through the cupboards.

"Yeah sorry Zeke I agree with her." Caleb says with a laugh. I serve our food and put it on the kitchen island. The girls take their food to the kitchen table and start to eat when Zeke comes over and sits directly in front of Shauna.

"Why don't we make it a bet. I bet I can drink more than you and if I win I get to take you on a date." Zeke says and I'm actually impressed on how ballsy Zeke was acting but he was drinking so that most possibly would be it.

"And if I win?" Shauna says amused. Zeke pounders for a moment. "You get to take me on a date." He answers back confidently.

She smiles. "Okay deal."....