The 'Date'

The Café. That's where I stood for a long fifteen minutes- where the heck is she? "Oscar!" Looking up from my phone, I see Caitlin. "Sorry, I got caught up. Hair issues." Hair issues? Wow. I was kind of expecting a better excuse. I can't blame her, though. That's the only part of her she cares about-apart from the nails, make-up etc. I smiled, forgivingly remembering this was our date. We entered the café. It was a small place with a quiet and peaceful atmosphere compared to school. We took our seats at the back of the café,. " So," This was awkward, " Caitlin, let's get to know each other. I'm Oscar Drakes and I like..." There are many things I like from video games to sports. The thing is, most of the things I'm interested in are nothing to Caitlin. " watching the walking dead. Now it's your turn."

"Actually, Oscar, I want to do something a bit different." What does she mean by different? "Like this." She moved closer to me, her body making contact with mine. Slowly, she leaned in; our lips connecting and hers so warm and soft. What I'm I saying? It carried on for a long 30 seconds when she stops. ''Um what was that for?'' My cheeks redden, getting hotter and hotter.

''I like you. Oscar.'' She leans in again when suddenly someone enters the café.

Jim. I duck, attempting to hide but he notices me and Caitlin. ''What the fuck did I tell you, Drakes?'' He grabs Caitlin. ''Let's go.''

''What do you think you're doing? Get your hands off me.''

''But-''

''Oh fuck off, Jim. Do you actually think I like you? Sorry but I only go for guys who actually use their brains. I wonder why you had 'special' help from Miss Keen.'' The café went silent as everyone turned their heads tour table. Jim stormed out of the café. ''Well that was fun.''

I nodded, relieved as well as impressed. Caitlin's one sassy girl. ''We should leave, don't want anything else happing.'' Finally.

I agreed, ''yeah let's go.'' we left the café, the sun nearly at its end.

''Want me to walk you home?'' I asked, hoping for a no.

''Sure.'' 'Great' we walked and talked and surprising I enjoyed our conversation. ''So you had a crush on Caddie?'' She laughed away, tears escaped her eyes.

''Yeah but that was in fifth grade.''

''Right. Well this is me.'' We stopped in front of her house, silence fell for a moment.

''Cool well I'll see you later.'' We stared and stared at each other. '' bye.'' I kissed her, Caitlin blushing uncontrollably. I finally walked off, waving my goodbyes and making my way home.