Welcome to New Orleans

Sun started to rise as the plane landed in New Orleans airport. I said my goodbyes to Pierre and walked to the exit. I looked at my phone to see what time it is. 04:36 am. Well it's to early to come knocking on Ashantis door. So I decided to take a walk around the city. It was at least 20 years since I walked on the streets od New Orleans. Maybe that is becouse of my feud with New Orleans coven. Ahh,well some of thouse white witches may be dead now,for all I know. They don't live forever ,like I do,and are not that strong individually. So they form their covens to gain more power without using dark magic. We had our differences in the past,mostly they didn't like my dark magic and my murderous ways. How do they think I stayed young all thouse years. Sacrificial magic is the anwser,and my sacrifices were young witches from their coven. They tried to stop me,but they always failed. Since they couldn't stop me,they made a deal with me. I stop killing their young ones and they stop being a pain in my neck when I come to New Orleans to visit Ashanti. Ashanti was more neutral in my feud. Voodoo witches serve dead spirits and they provide her with magic. She was just a young slave girl when I met her. I came to New Orleans for the first time in 1860. looking for a voodoo witch. This town was already back then known for the practice of voodoo magic,but if you want the real deal,you must look in most weird places to find it. Voodoo magic was not an art anyone can learn. You needed to be chosen by the spirits to serve, to be  a bridge between this world and the next.

Flashback

I walked through the French Quarter with my butler Alfred. It was a warm summer day and the heat was killing me,even if  was only 9 in the morning. I pulled a handheld fan out of my purse while Alfred held my parasol. I was going to visit my neighbour Emelie Bellerose for morning tea,but I needed to go to the town to pick up some groceries before. We got into our carriage and rode back to St. Charles Avenu. Big mansions were all around us. I bought a home in this area becouse I like my luxury. My house was only four houses form Emelies  house. She was in her thirties,married and had two sons and a daughter. She was a bit lonly woman,with her husband all day working and her kids were taken care by nannys.

I walked up to the big white house and knocked on the door. Soon the door opened a older slave woman.

"Mrs. Bellerose will be soon with you. Please wait in greeting room Miss Kasun",said woman and walked off to inform Emelie of my arrival.

I sat down on a big blue sofa and waited a bit. Soon Emelie walked through the door with big smile on her face. She was a petit woman. Blond locks of hair framed her hart shape face and she had big green eyes.

"Irena,darling! It's so good to see you. ",Said Emelie as she huges me.

"I'm good,dear. But how are you? You look  bit down. Did you chatch a cold? ", I said and gave her a worried look.

"Ohh,no darling. I'm just a bit stressed out for the last few days. Lets go to the terrace and I will tell you all abouth it over tea.",said Emelie. 

I smiled at her and said:"Sure,dear."

We walked out on the terrace that had a view of beutiful rose gareden. We sat down and older slave woman brought our tea. Emelie dismissed her and thurned to me. 

"So tell me Emelie. What is bothering you?",I said. I slowly sipped my tea.

"Irena... I don't know where to start.", Emelie sighed while looking at her tea.

"How abouth at the begining. I'll just sit here and listen, so how abouth that?",I said.

Emelie took a deep breath and started her story.

"You know that George and I are now married for 15 years and it was an arranged marriage." ,said Emelie. I just noded my head and let her continue the story.