Thirteenth (Part 1)

(The Doctor’s POV: )

                 We were on the TARDIS, just drifting. Thankfully on a break from all the excitement. Giant lava flows, freak lightning, and just wild weather in general can take a lot out of you. But that’s for another time.

                I was leaning against the console, fiddling with my sonic and waiting for Cetra to come out. She usually came out after about ten hours of sleep and twenty minutes of waking up. Right on cue, she came out of the hallway she always did. She rubbed her eyes groggily as she walked to the jump seat, plopping herself down with horrible posture. Her hair was a mess and everywhere and her eyes were half-closed. Her pyjamas were ruffled and wrinkled. I smirked at her appearance and stole a glance at the uncovered skin imbetween the waistband of her pyjama shorts and the bottom of the tank top before quickly looking back up to her eyes.

                “What’re you lookin’ at?” She asked snappily. I was surprised at her sentence, for she usually didn’t speak for at least an hour after she first saw me. I smiled.

                “You know what today will be?” I asked suddenly, ignoring her question. She shook her head lazily, rubbing her eye again.

                “Your thirteenth trip!” I exclaimed, looking eagerly at her. Her eyes lit up a bit and she stood up, going to her room to get dressed.

I chuckled and turned to the console. The reason she was eager for her thirteenth trip was because she was... well, rebellious. She didn’t like how people thought thirteen was unlucky and black cats and spilling salt and walking under ladders, so she proclaimed thirteen her favourite and lucky number and she did every ‘unlucky’ thing she could when the opportunity presented itself.

Her favourite colour was red because her father’s grandmother –who was very superstitious- deemed it her families unlucky colour after her husband died eating a red berry, and their daughter, after touching a red wall. She later died after unknowingly eating red-tinged gravy. Her father even died driving a red car. She still didn’t believe it and wore something red every day.

Her coming back in broke me out of my thoughts. I smiled as she skipped up next to me and bumped my side with her hip and laughed.

(Cetra’s POV: )

I went in my room and quickly took a shower, excited for today. I picked out black high-waisted shorts and some also black leggings that stopped about two inches above my knees. I put on a black and white horizontally striped long sleeved jumper that had a bit of a low-cut neckline. I chose a deep red infinity scarf and red high-top converse to finish it off. My nails were already red. I grabbed my shoulder bag and ran out into the console room happily.