Thirteenth (Part 4)

(The Doctor’s POV: )

 I watched Cetra walk away from me again and slowly walk among the lit-up drops. Whenever one hit her it just slowly rolled down the fabric of her clothes or wet her hair. I smiled happily as she giggled and held out her hands for the liquid. She was amazed at the sight before her, as I was at the sight before me. She was beautiful with the light reflecting onto her and highlighting her hair and eyes. I couldn’t stop grinning as she spun and danced with her arms outstretched.

 “Doctor!” She called. I snapped out of my trace and looked at her. She beckoned for me to come out and I slowly walked over to her. As soon as I was within her reach, she grabbed my hands, pulled me to her, and hugged me. She buried her head in my chest like she had so many times before.

“Thank you. This is amazing-it’s all been amazing. And I never want to be anywhere but with you.” She said quietly. I smiled softly and kissed the top of her head. I don’t know how long we stood there, just enjoying each other, but we did. Even when the rain worsened. I just held the umbrella over us.

Thunder suddenly boomed, quite near us. Cetra jumped and squeaked, holding on to me tighter; she didn’t like thunder. I smiled and let her back to the TARDIS. I closed the door behind us just as more thunder clapped. She slowly let go of me and hugged herself. She stood, wet and shivering in front of me. I wasn’t sure what to do.

“Towels?” She asked.

“Yes! Er...” I wandered into the hallways, making my way to one of the closets. “TARDIS... could you blow some warm air onto Cet?” I asked, getting some towels. She hummed in response and I smiled. I made my way back and found her sitting on the jump seat. She wasn’t shivering near as much as she was. I whispered thanks to the TARDIS and gave her a blanket. She smiled up at me and began drying her hair.

“Thank you.” She mumbled, sounding tired. I hesitated before answering.

“You shouldn’t trust me so much... It’s dangerous.” I warned, handing her another towel.

“I know.” She replied. I smiled again.

“I may not be able to always save you.” I continued. She ignored me, looking up at the hanging wires. “There are times when I even believe it.” I sighed. She looked at me, confused. I sighed. “I always know I’ll lose you, and I don’t ever believe it. But it always happens. And, I know that I won’t always be able to save you, and I still don’t believe it. But I sometimes do. And those times I wish you wouldn’t trust me so much.” I confessed. She looked down at our shoes, which were just as soaked as the rest of us.

“Then those are the times I have to save you.” She answered. I was surprised at her answer and shook my head. She looked at me innocently.

“You should go to bed. Something is probably going to happen tomorrow.” I replied. She nodded.

“Goodnight, Doctor.” She said, rubbing her hair with the towel again.

“Goodnight.” I answered. I watched her leave sadly. As soon as she was gone I angrily slammed my fist against a column. I growled and rubbed my forehead. The TARDIS was concerned. “I’m fine.” I growled, going to the opposite side of the console. I balled my fists as I leaned against it. My head hung low imbetween my shoulders. “Why do they always do this?” I asked, either to myself or to my TARDIS. “Always!” I emphasized, standing back up and scratching the back of my neck. The TARDIS hummed again. I ignored her. “I have to make preparations.” I growled.

(Cetra’s POV: )

I went into my room and climbed into the shower. The hot water ran down my body, warming me immediately. My mind wandered back to what the Doctor said about me trusting him too much. I proved that I did today, and that was what he was worried about. The truth was, I really did trust too much for my own good, and I knew it. But it was also true that there were times that I had to save him. I had to hold him back or even literally save him, and he was grateful when I did. He didn’t ever mention it again, but he appreciated it. And I had a feeling he trusted me as much as I did him.

I found myself just staring at myself in the mirror, dry and in pyjamas. I sighed, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. As I drifted to sleep, one thought stayed in my mind.

We need each other.