Thirteenth (Part 2)

Okay, this one is all ramblings and scientific junk. If you actually read through this, all the information on the moons are 100% true. These moons really exist, and the phenomenon's do as well. If you read through this, then I applaud you and thank you. =)

(Third-Person POV: )

 The two happily hung out in the console room, the Doctor doing most of the talking. He was currently rambling about the wonders of the planets in the Solar System. Cetra was enjoying it very much, and listened intently to what he had to say. She loved the Solar System. It was like all the planets out there, but these were the ones closest; the ones sooner to be discovered.

“Like Jupiter! Oh, Jupiter’s amazing! Sixty seven moons! Its four biggest moons were named after the four lovers of the Greek god Zeus. Galilean moons, they’re called. Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. Now, they’re all amazing but Io. Io is brilliant! It’s the one closest to the actual planet, and it’s boiling -literally boiling!” He began, talking very eagerly. Cetra leaned forward in her seat a bit. Seeing that she was interested he continued. “Its atmosphere is sulphur and sodium mostly and it has over four hundred volcano’s (making it the most geologically active object in the Solar System), so the temperature is incredible! Anyway, the other three moons each have a gravitational pull as strong as or stronger than that of the moon, not even including the gravity of Jupiter. And these moons each rotate perfectly so that they all eventually align with the planet.” Cetra was keeping up well and he was on a roll so he kept explaining. “And they have a circular orbit pattern but when they align...” He began making an example with his hands. “The gravitational pull from all the sources makes an imbalance and Io’s orbit changes so it’s more oblong. And the change causes-”

“-Friction with the gravity which causes Io’s atmosphere to heat up, adding to the volcanic activity and the sulphur, which would make a very, very hot moon!” Cetra interrupted, finishing very eagerly and jumping up from her seat.

“Exactly! Brilliant!” He congratulated, hugging her.

“Are we going there, Doctor?” She asked, calming down and sitting again.

“No.” He sobered up. “We’re going somewhere better!” He announced. Cetra sighed, leaning on her fist and preparing herself for another long explanation. “Well, aren’t you gonna’ ask?” The Doctor asked, sounding disappointed. She sighed again.

“Where?” She asked.

“Titan!” He exclaimed happily. She was unimpressed. “One of Saturn’s sixty-two moons. It’s the second-largest moon in the Solar System, being bigger than Mercury.”

“You sound like a documentary.” She complained, which she didn’t do often. He pouted at her. She rolled her eyes and let him continue.

“Titan is the only moon in the Solar System to retain a substantial atmosphere.” He sat down next to her, once again wildly gesturing with his hands to emphasize whatever he said. “Its atmosphere is the only nitrogen-rich dense atmosphere in the Solar System aside from Earth's. But it is denser than Earth’s; with a surface pressure about 1.45 times that of Earth's. Now, this is the fun part. Its atmosphere is mainly composed of nitrogen, methane and ethane. And the methane is like water!”

Cetra gave him a sarcastic look. “I didn’t word that well... The methane... it acts like water does on Earth. The air pressure and the atmosphere are all perfect to make the methane able to freeze, melt, and be clouds. It rains methane on Titan! And the reduced gravity makes a phenomenon of slow rain.” He explained. Cetra’s eyes widened. “Yeah! That’s where we’re going! And there’s this one time where light comes at just the right angle...” He continued rambling on as Cetra slowly stopped listening. She began imagining instead.

Congrats! You made it through! *claps for you* Thank you!