[ ❋ ] 02 第章.

DI ÈR ZHĀNG
CHAPTER TWO ; PRE-DEBUT | | the world is not your oyster, things like limitations exist.

———————

One hectic morning after moving in, the girls were scheduled to visit the YG building in order to be told their finalised debut plans.

"I'm so excited!" Hina whispered to herself over breakfast, shovelling down her cornflakes at record speed. Her favourite pair of tinted circle glasses rest on the tip of her nose — the last time she wore them was on her first day of a trainee, as she introduced herself to the company. "What do you think our concept'll be?"

"I hope it's not cute," said Aeseul, not taking her eyes off her piece of Nutella-d toast. "Did you see Red Velvet's comeback, Rookie? If we have a concept like that ... "

Yoojin flicked her eyes up from her Twitter feed, suddenly interested. "Cute concepts can gross a lot of money, you know. Remember SNSD? Gee? Revise your history class, girlies." She downed her first-class orange juice like a shot, and wiped her mouth with the back of her sleeve.

"Remember those rumours, though? Of being Big Bang's sister group? If they're true, we're in for a real treat," Saetbyeol  said from across the room, brewing the tea, simultaneously tying her newly dyed hair up.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Jisoo said, attempting to fry several pieces of bacon, and sadly failing. "I really liked Fxxk It. I want it to be like that."

"What do you think the Korean public would think of that?" Aeseul mused, leaving all the crusts of her toast on the chipped china plate in front of her. "A song whose title basically means 'fuck it' isn't exactly gonna go down well with everyone."

Jisoo bit her lip, and switched the cooker off, flinching as she turned the dial to zero. "Why's that? It went down well with everyone, Big Bang received an all-kill."

"Double standards," Saetbyeol murmured, quiet enough so nobody heard. That was indeed the sad truth, and the silent realisation of that quietened the room, so that the sound of Jisoo scraping what was left of the bacon into the food bin was practically deafening.

Yoojin looked around nervously, trying to lighten the mood, painfully reminiscent of yesterday. "Okay, so, who wants to go clothes shopping before the afternoon hits?" She cracked a half-hearted smile, hoping that someone would say yes.

"Hey, maybe Xin will go with you!" Hina joked — a joke that was suddenly taken way too literally, making her recede into the alcove of the kitchen. The subject was immediately changed to their manager, and the room erupted with everyone's singular opinion on him, and what they think he'd be like.

"If you're shopping with him, I'll go too!" Aeseul volunteered, sticking her hand up fast, almost hitting Yoojin.

"Oh, you like him?" Jisoo teased, laughing merrily. She ended up receiving a friendly nudge in the arm, and trying hard to laugh Aeseul's unintentionally painful hit off.

"He's eccentric, to say the least," said Saetbyeol, almost contemplating the man, chuckling to herself at the thoughts that ran through her head.

"Yeah, but he's annoying!" Yoojin sighed, shaking her head slowly.

Hina stifled a giggle, her cheeks turning a suspicious red, that clashed tragically with her new hair colour. "Yeah, but he's honestly really fuckin' cute, and nothing beats that."

"So you think that, huh? Don't you do anything, Hina." Aeseul rest her head against her arms on the table, gazing into the window dreamily, her navy bangs falling in front of her eyes.

The pink-haired girl's ears pricked at this sentence. She narrowed her eyes, and stared at the leader, copying her position, but on the kitchen counter. "Can we not say things like that?"

"How about we change the subject?" Jisoo interrupted, gathering the empty plates from the tiny dinner table and bringing them up to the counter. "So who's going shopping?"

Saetbyeol raised her hand. "Count me in. I need a jacket, otherwise I'll freeze before I make it into the building." 

"Oh, me too," Yoojin added, raising her hand as if it were mandatory. "I need a new dress. I am so not wearing this thing." She pointed to her yellow sweater and pretended to cry.

"Red looks terrible with this hair colour," Aeseul said, pointing to her navy locks, and then to her scarlet blouse. "There's this new River Island shirt, it's white and it has really nice buttons, and guess what? It's only like --"

"Who is not going?" Hina asked the group, louder than the commotion about various clothing, thus stopping the chatter almost immediately (which made Hina very proud of herself).

There was silence.

"That concludes it!" Jisoo cried, standing up from her chair so quickly, she almost hit her head on the low hanging light. "We're gonna spend some quality bonding time, am I right? That's just what all the adults want."

"Okay, but we gotta tell Xin," Saetbyeol pointed out. "He's still sleeping in the utility room, right?"

"I saw him a couple minutes before breakfast, he's on his laptop, he slept in between two mattresses," said Yoojin, as if were the most natural thing in the world.

"You're being too harsh on him," said Aeseul softly, looking down on the members like a parent does, with gentle disappointment. "I hear all he's doing today is filling out documents he called — with a rather salty voice — gosh darn papers."

Jisoo covered her mouth as she giggled. "Alright, who's driving?" Before anyone could answer, she threw a shifty look at Aeseul. "I know you have a driving licence, I saw it when you unpacked last night."

"Ooh, driving licenses!" Yoojin marvelled. "Get yourself a girl like that."

"Y'all, we have no time to waste," said Hina, resisting the urge to give Yoojin a friendly slap against the head, as she strolled out of the tiny kitchen.

––––––––

note ::
i feel like this chapter was really boring but oh well
btw the next chapter will feature aeseul + a person whose name shall not be revealed 👀 :")
anyway remember to vote + comment so ur character has more screen time !!
love y'all tbh xx

the-coast-is-queer holykris tjlove10 jeongekko -velvetgasm

— AMY