[ ❋ ] 08 第章.

DI BĀ ZHĀNG
CHAPTER EIGHT ; POST-DEBUT || a simple hello could lead to a million things

———————

Inkigayo held the privilege of hosting Inferior's first debut stage, and by the looks of it, they decided to go all out. Hina could see, from backstage, the twinkly lights, pastel-coloured flowers and Mysterious written in gold across the front. If she titled her head right, she could see a small part of the crowd. A variation of boys and girls, of different ages, some more willing to watch than others. She could only hope that they enjoyed the performance.

"We're on stage in ten." During Hina's space-out, Aeseul had crept behind her friend, and decided to tell her how many minutes they had left.

"I'm freaking out, Seul," Hina whispered, glancing back at the stage. "Literally, I'm shaking." She held out her hands, to show that they were trembling.

Aeseul, who had never been faced with a situation like this before, did what came natural and said the generic, "It'll be okay."

"Well, it might not be, but thanks," she replied softly. "I should be happy, you know? My dad didn't think I'd debut, but here I am."

"That's the mindset you gotta have," Aeseul encouraged, giving her a wide smile and a pat on the back. "Listen, neither of my parents supported my decision. They still don't talk to me. But we'll work hard, and prove them wrong, yeah?"

Hina found it hard to resist the positivity at that moment. "Sure. Come on, let's go find the others. God knows what they're doing."

Somewhere, Yoojin, Saetbyeol and Jisoo sat beside a coffee table, with sherbet from a DipDab lying on the surface in neat lines.

"I'll give you both a fiver if you inhale all that," said Saetbyeol, taking a note out of her pocket and slamming it down on the table.

"Done!" Jisoo and Yoojin declared in unison, and prepared themselves for death by sherbet inhalation.

Unfortunately, somebody called Li Xin Jing just happened to walk by on his way to the mystical Manger Room, and witness the whole thing.

"Oh my God. Girls! What are you doing snorting sugar when you're on stage in seven minutes?" he exclaimed. His eyes narrowed at the white substance sitting innocently on the coffee table. "You better hope that's not co--"

"It's just a bit of fun," said Saetbyeol. "Look, they're not even touching the table, their makeup isn't getting smudged. Calm yourself."

Xin considered this for a bit, but his Manager Instinct™ took over. "No, if anyone knows that I let you do that then they'd fire me on the spot. By anyone I mean the CEO. Because he hates me. A lil' bit."

"Fine, fine, I'll just put it back in the bag and eat it later," Yoojin sighed. She started scraping the sugar off the table using her hands, which proved to be a bad idea, because most of it fell on the floor.

"Hey, do you know where Aeseul and Hina are?" Jisoo asked Xin, as he was about to disappear round a corner.

"Nope," he replied blankly, and walked onwards to goodness knows where.

Jisoo sighed. "Come on. Let's go. We're needed on stage in five. They'll be there."

[ DEBUT STAGE ]

Sol — Lime
Yoo — Alice
Aster — Yooyoung
Bloom — Yeoreum
Kika — Nara & Seoyoung

[ AFTER ]

The five of them bowed politely, waving as they exited the stage, blowing kisses and waving. Aeseul could barely walk right, and instead did an awkward skipping thing which played havoc with her heels.

"I fucked up that beginning so hard," Hina murmured to herself. She tried not to say much on her way to their dressing room.

Yoojin noticed this, and for the first time since she'd moved in with Inferior, actually knew how someone felt. Because Yoojin knew she wasn't exactly Miss Perfect while performing. "I liked how Hina fluttered her fingers instead of doing finger guns." To elaborate, she did a few finger gunshots at an assistant who walked past, accompanied by high-pitched pyew pyew pyews.

Aeseul, still skipping along and humming the tune to Mysterious, was so lost in thought she didn't say anything.

"We were so good!" Jisoo praised, full of positivity and shine, as if her soul had been put through a stage 6 dry clean.

"High-five!" said Saetbyeol, consequently almost fracturing her hand as she high-fived Jisoo.

The five of them strolled toward their dressing room, talking among themselves: all except Aeseul. She had her eyes elsewhere, watching a group of guys standing around talking contently. A particular one – the tallest – caught her eye. He looked familiar, but she couldn't place how...

"Aeseul!" Yoojin called, snapping her out of her daydream. She'd walked straight past their dressing room, and was had descended down the hallway without a clue.

Aeseul stood there blankly, recollecting herself before forcefully laughing in embarrassment. "Wow, sorry, I must have lost focus somewhere along the line."

As she walked awkwardly back up the hallway, Yoojin noticed her wandering eye and smiled. "Oh, I see why you were distracted. Anyone would be, with BTS standing over there."

And that's when she placed him.

note ::
fuck i think this chapter went a bit lackluster toward the end but boi i'm excited for solmon and nobody can convince me that they aren't perfect for each other

also! idk what the next chapter will be so if it takes a stupid amount of time, it's because of that

the-coast-is-queer holykris tjlove10 sakwra -velvetgasm

— AMY