Sixteen

Author's pov:

Jean sat on his bedーback resting against the wall, and Levi sat at Jean's computer desk. Jean had been wondering what has gotten into Levi's mind, he hadn't spoke a single word since he had stepped into his house, neither did he have any eyecontact with him.

"Stop staring at me."

"You know, you look like you hadn't slept for a year."

"I told you he was trouble, but you didn't listen to me. I'm always saying shit to people and they never listen."

"Shut up. Blondie."

Jean freezes, but then smiles pathetically at the other male.

"Everyone. Says. A different thing."

"That sure as heck is one thing you just pointed out." Levi sighs,"his father tried to kill you."

Jean seemed indifferent, while the other's blood was boiling. How long had they been sitting there? An hour?

"And who told you that?"

"Carla," Levi stared blankly at Jean as he drew imaginary circles on Jean's wooden desk.

"She's lying."

"You reported her husband to the police."

"That doesn't have to do with this."

"So it's true, you did go to that officer."

Levi shook his head, " I can't trust you either."

He stood up, and walked out of Jean's dorm. But Jean wasn't letting him slip out of his grasp that easily. He asked him to stop.

Levi stood there, giving Jean his back, which was covered by his grey shirt. "So? Are you going to explain this shit?"

"It's not my shit to explain."

.
Timeskip:

Levi stood by the shore, he'd been there for a while now, and he couldn't stop thinking, about his friend. Lately, that's what has been eating at him. He thought they were close, but boy, they were as far as Pluto is from the Sun, and he hated it. Deep inside, he was worried, but at the same time, he was sad. He thought it was kind of selfish, because he was actually overjoyed for once when he had someone who he could hang out with and be himself with. But soon enough he would never trust himself anymore. Let alone anyone else.

Levi would flinch everytime Hanji would ask about his social life over the phone; it always got complicated. Why couldn't he just have a normal friend, why so twisted? Things get tangled,and when everything's being weaved like a spider's web, Levi would be there ,not seeing it, vision blurred and ears covered in his own head. It disgusted him to a physical extent that he'd vomit. It was like he was Eren's own experiment, like a fallen pigeon. He knew that he wasn't the one looking out for Eren anymore. It was the opposite all the time. Blinded by soothing words and silent hushes. His soft skin blessing him from the rough edges of the shattered glass on the floor. One that he had to walk on to reach out to Eren.

His father. His mum. Jean.

His feet would bleed.

Levi's heart clenches.

Now there was no skin there for the glass to eat at.

Levi could feel Eren moving his hands up his body from behind. He could feel his moist breath on his neck. And his silent cold whispers in his ears.

A tear hit the pavement.

I'm done with this.

Clack clack clack

The clothes were sprawled on the floor.

And a limp body in the icy ocean.