#JustSayin

In every writer lives a hope that one day they will say something profound that would cement their legacy firmly with the all-time greats. I'm not going to lie, that includes me.  

I am a geeky chick with the sole accomplishment- I graduated from high school and college with a sprinkle of military life mixed in.  I have not done anything I consider substantial.  I am just another girl next door.  

Sometimes I feel like a failure because I did not become an astronaut exploring the depths of space or the first woman president.   When I was a child, I often heard the phrase, "so much potential." Ugg!  Why couldn't I have become someone that inspired future generations so I wouldn't be a disappointment?

Instead, I work a nine-to-five job at a financial company. I am not perfect. In fact, I'm not perfect a lot.  

Many people do not like me. I am not even really sure why you would want to read my words.

However, I was brought up being told that my opinion matters and that the worst thing a person can do is nothing.  If I see something that I don't agree with, I should speak out.  If I see people doing something wrong, I should stand against it.  If I have an idea to help, tell people about it.

I love writing, so if you take nothing else from this, know that I am writing this in hopes that my words inspire you to do the same. 

Read. 

Write. 

Dance. 

Explore. 

Learn. 

Engage. 

Do whatever it is that makes you happy. 

Enter into the civil discourse.  

Your story matters.  We need to hear it.  Please #JoinTheConversation