Chapter seventeen: Starting School.

heyy guys, well it's not the weekend, but it almost isXDXD Please vote and comment and enjoy!!! look at the comments to see the link to Eliza's outfit. The image shows Eliza's curls.

FantasyGirl21

Chapter seventeen: Starting School.

-Eliza’s POV-

I looked in my life-sized mirror. My deep orange eyes stared back at me. The new top with its sparkling glitters and my new, knee-high boots that smelled like never worn leather. I sighed. From six o’clock in the morning onwards, I had been changing my outfit and I had a feeling that this one was right, but not totally. It had something naïf and girlish and I think that was why it felt so good. The last time I had ever cared about my appearance had been ages ago.

My long bronze hair hung straight as usual and it ended halfway my back. Now I knew what was wrong: my hair. I walked towards my closet and I reached for the upper shelf. I grabbed the carton box and laid it on the floor. A hair curler. I picked it out of the box and searched for an outlet. I plugged it in and looked at the curler.

It looked very modern and hi-tech compared to the one Anna had always used. Logical, if you remember that it was made about one century ago. I hoped that I still remembered how she always did it, which wasn’t really hard since she did that almost every day. After a few tries, it went well and I curled my whole coupe in the way that I loved it so much: in sea-like waves.

Without looking in my mirror, I picked one of the many sets of green contacts (since they didn’t had gold and green was my former eye colour) and I put them in. I winked a few times and the looked in my mirror. It was strange to see how much the girl in the mirror resembled my old, human me. Only too much had happened to be the same person again. I wasn’t even the same species anymore.

I felt my emotions rise up again and instantly I folded my arms around my stomach. I bit my lip and then quickly placed the Gucci-sunglasses I borrowed/stole from Alice in my hair. Without looking in the mirror once more, I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. Edward was playing the piano and there was no one else in the room. I bet they were still upstairs doing their ‘things’. Urgh, gross!!! No El, a voice in my head said to me. Not gross, it’s just something you’ll never have again. Great, this was almost becoming a kind of novel with the main character driving crazy.

Edward looked up at me with a gaze that said something like: A very good morning to you as well, probably because he heard my thoughts. “And do you like it?”, I asked him, twisting around in a circle (which was really unnecessary, since I didn’t wear a long skirt). He looked at me with a gaze that said: Really?? I bet he was replying in gazes to seem funny or so. It wasn’t, not at all.

I sat down next to him at the piano bench and leaned with my elbow on the piano keys. It was an old trick I used to use to get his attention away from the piano and to me. He sighed and looked at me. “What’s wrong Eliza?”. I smiled and said: “I just wanted to talk to you, since we never really did. How’s Bella?”. That question hurt him, though that wasn’t my intention.

He obviously thought it was. And he wasn’t in the mood for it. “How has It been?”, he asked with an angry gaze in his face. I cringed and looked away. How could he, HOW could he!!?? I couldn’t speak for a few seconds. I almost started crying, or how else you want to call it for vampires. When I got it back a little, I replied angrily: “It wásn’t an It. that’s the same as me calling Bella a human and you know that!”, while I laid the stress on the past tense.