Chapter nineteen: A Peek under the Mask.

please listen to this song when, a well you''l know when XD

Chapter nineteen: A peek under the mask.

-Eliza’s POV-

The afternoon in the meadow with Edward had opened up my mind. Why would I keep on pretending that I was fine. Since I was definitely not. I mean, Edward wasn’t fine either and did you see someone blame him? No, they were understanding. The longer I was with the Cullens, the more I realized that I could thrust them. That I could count on them, that they saw me as part of their family.

And that thrust was something I didn’t have in a very long time. When Edward and I returned from the meadow, the little school that we had skipped was over and we drove straight home. The others were already waiting for us. Emmett had one of his stupid looks on his face. “So,” he said. “First day already boring huh.” It wasn’t a question.

“Yes,” I replied. “Quite boring.” I gave him a smile. “So, you’re so happy.”, Rose joked. Wait, Rose just made a comment in a style you could describe as joking?! This is really going well. “I just made up with Edward over here, so yes, I am happy,” I said, while I tapped him on the shoulder. Then Carlisle entered the room.

“Skipping class already on the first day?”, he asked. I was already planning on a mean comment, but then I realized his tone wasn’t angry or anything. Just normal. “I think Forks High School didn’t really leave an impression on me.”, I replied. “Well, you did certainly leave an impression at Forks High School. Ask your little brother what the thoughts of our fellow students were.”, Emmett stated.

Curiously I looked at Edward and he looked angrily at his brother. “First Emmett, she’s younger than me and second I don’t think they are suitable for repeating.”. “Old politeness from the 1910s.”, I joked, while I poked him in the ribs. Edward didn’t laugh. Instead, he looked at Carlisle and he asked: “I thought you were in Chicago hospital?”, and everyone felt silent. The memory was still very fresh, and none of us really wanted to remember it.

Carlisle replied to Edward: “Bella got home this afternoon. She still has her leg casted, but she is going to be fine. I think you’d better take her to school tomorrow and not go and see her now. Also for Charlie.” You saw how the news was taken by Edward, just by looking at his face. When he heard Bella was in Forks again he cheered up, but when the advice of Carlisle was followed by it, his expression got emotionless again.

And I say again, because emotionless was often his expression. The little of the cheery mood which hung in the room was now gone completely. I tried to save some of it by asking something: “Anyone in for a hunt?”. Afterwards I realized that Emmett and I were the only ones creating the nice mood in the room, so it wouldn’t be handy if one of us left. Too late to change my mind now.

Jasper was the one to reply. “Sure, haven’t gone for a while.”, and together we walked out of the house. Evening was falling and the twilight was all around us. I jumped over the river, into the blackness of the forest. I had always like forests and their mysteries. They’d always have something special.

Something of nature that stories had made scary. I thought that such stories were prove of the weaknesses of humans. They couldn’t see well in the dark, so the dark was scary. They didn’t had any advantages in the forest, so the forest was scary. Really pathetic if you think about it. Forests were beautiful. But that was just my opinion.

We did not talk at all. I just got to the first deer that I could find. When I was near enough, I jumped and reached for its neck. I slit my teeth through its throat and I felt the blood entering my body. When I was done, I  threw him of me. And so I did another two. I think Jasper did approximately the same, but I didn’t see it. we were hunting individually, not taking any note of the other.