01- last day of freedom

Evangeline's face brightened in happiness as she barrelled towards her favorite person in the whole world, Josie. She squealed as she ran into the equally as small girl's body, her arms wrapping around her as their feet wobbled together in lack of balance from when they had collided. "Phina, baby, honey, I missed you so much!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide. "Riverdale has been so unbelievably boring without you."

Josie shook her head in disbelief, pushing her unruly curls behind her ear. "You are so dramatic, Eve. Your ex boyfriend drowned, how is that boring?  This is the most action Riverdale has had since Polly Cooper went to a nut house!" Josie chirped, adjusting her signature cat ear headband from on top of her head, showing that she was in fact a member of Riverdale's finest, Josie and the Pussycats.

Evangeline shrugged as she picked her nails, trying to clear her head of her thoughts of Jason and Polly, and Jason and Polly. Even though she had been thoroughly over Jason since the middle of freshman year, it had still stung when she watched the strawberry blonde and Polly walk down the hall, hand and hand together. It had still stung when all of her friends, Cheryl included, ditched her. The only one to stay with her was Josie, forever faithful.

When her brain finally rid itself of the thoughts, Josie was already walking up her driveway, pulling her suitcase with her stuff from her short end-of-summer trip to Florida behind her. Evangeline quickly followed after the spunky girl, eager to hear all about the humid state and her friends ambitious adventures.

----

When Evangeline finally left the other girl's household, her mind was racing with not only Josie's adventures, but what Josie being back meant for her. Although Josie supported Evangeline most of the time, she wasn't so sure that her best friend would appreciate that she had picked up a job that she intended to keep through the school year, considering Josie had never had money problems like Evangeline was having at this very moment.

She began her long trek home, which approximated to about 5 blocks from her current place. Her long hair blew in front of her face and she spluttered when a curl landed in her mouth, as she batted it away spastically. "Freaking wind." Evangeline mumbled, her eyes narrowed as she cursed the wind.

She kicked at the ground a little in boredem, making strange moves to entertain herself every few minutes. When she was in the middle of one of those moves, she heard a low whistle from her right, and she froze in mid fist swing. Her head shot up, eyes frantically searching the surrounding area for the culprit.

When her eyes finally found who she was searching for, she balked. Her long brown hair flew behind her as she stared up at the figure on the porch of the house before hers.

He was beautiful. That was the first thing Evangeline clearly remembered about him. His fiery red hair was even deeper from the ever setting sun, his frame built, his arms crossed over his chest. He was too far away for her to clearly see his face, but she did know for a fact that his lips were spread into a wide smile, and a light chuckle floated down to her ears as the tips of them heated up.

"Take a picture, sweetcheeks," She started, slightly yelling from their distance, "It'll last longer!" She watched in slight annoyance and a very large amount of shock as he walked down the steps to his sidewalk, the distance between them closing. When he got closer, she could make out his facial features, and it was an understatement to say that he was the most gorgeous boy she had ever seen, and Evangeline had seen some pretty gorgeous boys in her lifetime.

His forest green eyes glistened as he got to about a foot away from her, her thoughts confirmed as she noticed the large grin present on his face. Her face fell when she lifted her hand up to shade the sun from her eyes, and she had recognized him almost immediately after. "Archie Andrews?" Evangeline whispered.

He had looked so different from freshman year, the summer had done him well. He had bulked up, and his previous baby face had chiseled into a sharp jawline. He also had gotten taller, and his hair had grown from its awkward buzz cut he had acquired at the beginning of the previous summer.

"Evangeline Waters." He nodded to himself, giving her a once over. "I almost didn't realize it was you, what with you not straightening your curls anymore." Archie explains, his hand unconsciously reaching up to one of her more prominent curls and tugging on it, watching in rapture as it bounced back into place. "I like it."

Evangeline blushes slightly, the apples of her cheeks turning rosy as she knocks her hand on his chest playfully. "Well I almost didn't recognize you either, Mr. Andrews." She tells, "You're all big and strong now. What happened?" She asks him, her eyes meeting his.

"I've been working construction for my dad this summer, I guess it payed off." He shrugs, a small, proud smile on his face. Evangeline nods, slightly uncomfortable all of the sudden, as her mind flickers with memories of the two last year, before Archie pushed her away.

"Alright.. Well this has been fun, Archie-bear, but I have work in like 30 minutes..." She trails off, checking her phone as she speaks, her old nickname for him slipping out subconsciously.

Archie nods slowly, his face falling slightly in disappointment. "Bye Angel. I've missed you." He bids her goodbye quietly, not even noticing his old pet name for her slipping through his lips while he was kicking his heel to the ground. he turned around, walked up and inside without a second glance.

Evangeline smiles softly, pushing her hair behind her ear as she continues down the sidewalk, whispering, "I miss you too, Arch."

{1011 words}
a/n: SOOOOOO sorry this took so long!
Thank you guys soooo much for almost getting this story to 300 views!!
Please comment and vote!!

Adios
-Madisyn