Chapter Two The Return of Charlie Morgan

“Hello, Laura.” Charlie said “What are you doing here, Charlie? It’s been nine years since you left.. Chrissie grew up never knowing who you were.. I had to step in as a parental figure.” I said “Laura, you know this guy?” Jughead asked “Jughead, my father, Charlie Morgan. Charlie, Jughead Jones.” I said sharply “Jughead, a very unique name.” Charlie said “Really, is that so, Charleston?” I asked “As in the dance from the 20’s?” Jughead asked “That’s right. In fact, Charlie here thought I would be a boy. What are you doing in Riverdale, Charlie?” I asked “I’m sorry. But I can’t tell you yet, Laura.” Charlie said “You can’t or won’t? You come back after disappearing for nine years, and you say that you can’t tell me why you’re here in Riverdale now?” I asked “Laura, is that anyway to talk to your father?” Charlie asked “You’ve been gone for nine years, Charlie. I deserve an answer; Why in the hell did you abandon us? Mom loved you. I needed my father, and you weren’t there. You were never there. We may be family, but you’re no father of mine. Or Chrissie’s.” I said
“Laura, I’ll tell you anything you want to know, I just can’t tell you right now.” Charlie said “How can I trust you after you disappeared when Mom and I needed you. When Chrissie, your daughter; my little sister needed you? You want a second chance?  Then grow the hell up and start acting less like a child and more like the father you never were..” I said “You know you’re right.. He does need to stop acting like a child and more like a good father.” Jughead said, putting his arm over my shoulders “I used to dream of the day that my dad would come back, and we could be a real family again. Mom, Dad Chrissie and I, one loving happy family again. I never thought that he would come back into my life, Jughead. Thank you.. for being there. Other than Chrissie, you truly are the best friend I’ve ever had.” I said “If there’s anything that I can do to help you and your family, don’t hesitate to ask.” Jughead said “Thank you..” I said ‘I was stepping out the door, walking toward Pop Tate’s restaurant, where I would meet my new friends where we would all drive up to school together.. I never expected that I would be stopped dead in my tracks by Charlie..’ “Laura, I need you to listen to me..” Charlie said “I’m meeting with my friends.  We’re all driving up to the school together..” I said “At least let me drop you off to where you need to go..” Charlie said “ You want to drop me off at Pop Tate’s?” I asked “Maybe we could talk.. actually get to know each other on the way..” Charlie said, driving his motorcycle alongside me “I think I’d rather walk.” I said “Laura, get on the bike..” Charlie said “Force me onto that bike, I will scream for the cops, say you’re harassing me..” I said “Laura! Wait up! Reggie Mantle. We met yesterday Principal Weatherby was showing you around..” Reggie said “How could I forget..?” I asked “Laura, who is your friend?” Charlie asked “Reggie Mantle is not my friend..” I said coldly “Hey, slow down.. What’s the hurry?” Reggie asked “I’m sorry, Reggie, but I have to go.” I said shoving past him “You need to talk to your daughter, Charlie.. convince her that I’m the one. Or I will send you back to where you were hiding..” Reggie said “I can never get her alone. She’s always with those new friends of hers. And she’s always hanging out alone with that boy Jughead.” Charlie said “Wait, she spends most of her time with Jughead? No wonder she always gives me the cold shoulder..” Reggie said  ‘Jughead, on his way to Pop’s had heard the whole conversation.. and ran into the diner almost breathless.. I just knew something was wrong..’

~End of Chapter 2~