Lights off!

As we made our way further into the mall, a sinking feeling made its way into the pit of my stomach. Something felt off.
   "Hey guys, I don't have a good feeling about this," I told them as we walked down a darkened hallway.
   Nobody responded to my statement as we continued along, trying to make our way to the next safehouse. It was then that I heard it. Faint crying. I stopped walking.
   "Does anyone else hear that?" I asked, quietly.
   They stopped as well, staying silent as to attempt to listen as best as they could. It was evident that they heard it too.
   "There's a witch around. Flashlights off." Nick told the group.
   Some nodded as we all switched off our lights and continued to make our way through the (mostly) quiet mall. The sobbing grew louder, and as we entered the food court of the mall, we saw a girl sitting in the corner crying. She had extremely pale skin, and was clad in a ripped and dirtied white tank top, and some matching panties. She looked as though she had been beaten up pretty badly.
   "Hey, someone's still alive!" I spoke loudly.
   "Don't be fooled, keep moving." Coach told me, putting a hand on my back and leading me away from her.
   "Coach! We can't just leave them-" Rochelle cut me off.
   "Sweetie, that's no person. It's an infected that cries, or pretends to. We call them witches."
   I mumbled an 'oh' under my breath and we kept walking. We eventually made it to the next safe room, the place where we would be spending the night. We entered the room, barricaded the door, and set up shop for the night.
   Since there were no cots in this one, we would all be sleeping on the floor.  Everyone quickly claimed certain, more spread-out areas, but Nick and I were the closest. Only about a foot apart. Everyone healed up, did whatever else they wanted or needed to do, and we all lied down in our own respective spots.
   I curled up into the fetal position, a position that I was used to. I had taken off my flannel to make a 'pillow' for myself and was left in my tank top, which left me feeling sort of cold. I sighed, closed my eyes, and just tried to get comfortable, when I felt something drape over my form.
   I opened my eyes to find Nick's jacket covering me. I propped myself up on my left arm and turned to him.
   "Hey, I'm okay, you don't have to lend me this." I spoke quietly, as to not make too much noise.
   He looked down at me, the corners of his lips just barely turned up into what I suppose you could call a 'smile'.
   "No it's okay. You looked cold. Only for you, Katie."
   I mumbled a thanks, and laid back down. After that, it didn't take long for sleep to take me.