Chapter 44

"Grayson? Grayson please say something!" Mia begged. "What did you say?" He said slowly. "They know where it is. They left yesterday to find it and I think the Emperor went with them but I don't know." Mia replied quietly.
"Where?" He asked again. "Mia I'm not mad at you. This isn't your fault." He reassured her. "I need to know where, because I moved the Egg." Grayson said. "I don't think they'll find it Mia."
"Hate to cut this short but we really need to move." Luke cut in, emerging from the shadows. "They know something is up. Grayson you have the hatchery maps right?" Grayson nodded. "We get the Egg back and take an airship, it's quicker and you've done that before." He explained.
"Taking a small ship from a camp is completely different from taking one from the City Luke, it's borderline impossible." Grayson frowned at him, helping Mia to her feet.
"Have you got a better plan?" "I was originally working with 'Don't lose the egg and die' but that's obviously not working." Grayson said sarcastically, leading the others towards the exit of the dungeons.

"They knew you would have moved it there... they've already sent out a squadron by now." Mia whispered, leaning on Grayson fo support. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Where did you hide the egg?" She said. "The cabin, or what's left of it anyway." He said.
Mia tensed up, silently panicing. "Oh. Oh no. No no no. That is not. No way near good."
"What? Please don't tell me." Grayson lowered his voice.
"I'm pretty sure that's where they would have gone." She replied quietly.
"It's not your fault. We'll get there before them and get it back." Grayson reasured her.
"Yeah, if we could fly." She said sarcastically, shifting her weight slightly to relive one foot.
"Luke what's the quickest way out of here?" Grayson asked.
"I'm not sure, but maybe if we-"
Luke was cut off by a sudden crashing sound coming from infront of them.

Three masked beings ran into the room, one armed with a bow and the other two wielding long, thin swords.
"Drop your weapons!" The apparent leader of the trio demanded. Whoever these people were, they definitely weren't from the Empire.
"Who are you?!" Grayson shouted back, not making any attempts to drop his sword.
"That doesn't matter! Drop your weapons!" The dark blond man demanded again.

"... Ashlie? Is that you?" Kay asked quietly from behind the group, looking at the girl with loaded bow.
"Keira? What on earth are you doing here?" Ashlie replied, lowering her bow.
"Could ask you the same thing." She replied.

"Ash who are these people? Are they trustworthy?" The leader asked, not lowering his weapon at all.
"Kasper you can stop shouting now. And yes, they are "trustworthy" people." Ashlie whispered to her leader, gently lowering his weapon.

"My question still stands. Who are you? Grayson asked again, a little quieter this time.

"Name's Kasper. The archer's Ashlie and the swordsman's Ethan. I presume you're not associated with The Empire?" Kasper asked, well, demanded.

"No. Are you?"

"Hell no. Why would I associate with the men who slaughter my race?" He replied sharply. Grayson noticed his elven ears.

"So are we on the same side or what? Luke whispered to Grayson.

"Where are you from?" Grayson asked Kasper.

"Us? We're with The Resistance."

"The Resistance?"