Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I am frozen in place I don’t move I don’t even think I am breathing. A rouge vampire is standing before me. Not just any rouge vampire the leader of the rouge vampires. My heart is pounding in my chest. Oh god he was here to kill Cole and me.

“Why don’t you have a seat sweet, you look a little pale?” He laughs, his fangs come out and I take in a deep breath that I was holding. He comes and takes a step forward, I take a step back and run into the counter. I am trapped, I have nowhere to go. I am going to die. I think.

“You don’t need to be afraid. I am not going to hurt you.” He runs his finger along my vein in my neck and I whimper. I force myself not to cry but a lone tear escapes my eye.

“It won’t hurt trust me. All I want is a little taste.” I am staring into his red eyes as he leans forward.

“Leave. Her. Alone.” No Cole run while you can. I think

“I am just playing with her. You need to lighten up Cole.” The rouge leader looks back at me and he is watching me more closely. I hope he doesn’t recognise me. But my main thought is how the hell does he know Cole.

“I might say, I got a huge surprise. I come to visit my son and I am greeted by and very lovely looking vampire instead. I am Victor by the way.” He has his hand stretched out and I think I might just faint. Did he say son? No, no, no, this is not happening Cole isn’t a rouge Victor is just messing with me. Right?

“Are you going to shake my hand or do I have to force you?” I close my eyes not able to keep the tears in. I am scared, I am beyond scared, I am terrified.

“Dad stop scaring her please.” Cole’s voice is quiet but I still heard him. Cole is a rouge, Cole is the rouge leader’s son. Oh my god I am in love with a rouge. My body is shaking and I know I need to get out of here, but my body won’t move I am frozen where I am.

“What are you ever doing here? How did you know about this place?” Cole ask and I can tell he is not happy. But I don’t care. He is rouge no, no, no.

“What! You think I didn’t know where you like to hide out with Chris.” The rouge leader looks smug. I look between them both to see if I can see any resemblance. They are both around the same height but the only thing they have the same would be there jaw.

“Why come now? Why not some other time when I am alone.” He emphases the word alone and looks at me with a worried look. My hair is up and I am hoping to god he doesn’t recognise my tattoo.  Please let me come out of this alive.

“Well you haven’t been walking with us for weeks and I wanted to see where you have been spending your nights. Might I say I am impressed son!” The rouge vampire looks at me and I cringe.

“She looks familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. What is your name?” I cannot speak. It is like I have lost all my voice he keeps looking at me and I stumble over my words.

“N…N….Ni…”

“Nicole, her name is Nicole.” Cole speaks for me.

“Well Nicole. Why don’t you come and sit next to me?” I shake my head and when he gets up I freeze again and so does Cole.

“Well it was nice to meet you Nicole but I can see I am unwanted here.” Like that he leave. I start hyperventilating as Cole comes over to me.

“Don’t come near me.” He stops in his tracks.

“Nikki I promise, I would never hurt you. Ever.” His voice is strained and his eyes are cast down.

“Your f-f-father is the r-r-rouge vampire. You are his s-s-son all this time. You are a rouge. Oh God!” I put my hand over my mouth and one over my heart. I need to leave. I use my speed and change out of Cole’s cloths and into mine crying as I go. My body is shaking and I need to leave. As I go to reach the door Cole stops in front of me and I back away from him scared for my life.

“Nikki I will never hurt you, ok but please talk to me. Don’t leave. My father has seen you if he puts together who you are…” He runs his hands through his hair.

“Did you even care about me?” I say. He steps closer to me and I step back.

“That is a stupid question, of course I care about you. I love you Nikki. I have only ever loved one other person in my life and that was my mother. I love you Nikki with all my heart but please don’t leave.” I cry harder. This hurts more than first time he left me. It hurts more because he lied, about everything. All those time he told me to stay in, all those times I was with him and he had to leave. All those times he would be nervous to be around me. The time on our first date when we had to leave. It all made sense. He is a rouge. Not just any rouge the rouge leader’s son.

“I can’t, you are a rouge Cole, and you used me. Why was I so stupid?” I need to leave.

“Look at my eyes Nikki. Do I look like a rouge? I don’t drink from the vein and I never go on walks or anything anymore. I only went on them so my father didn’t kill my mother and when he did that, I only went because he said he would kill Chris.” his voice is tender and soft but it is all too much.

“You are a rouge Cole and if you ever did love me you will let me go.” His shoulder sag in defeat as he steps away. I don’t give it another thought and I use my speed to get as far away from Cole and that house as I can.

Once I reach town I slow down and walk at a human pace. Cole is a rouge. Cole’s father is the leader of the rouges. Oh god dad is going to kill me when he finds out. What am I going to do? I think about all the times Cole has to disappear or was nervous and it makes sense. He is a rouge. I think about the first time he came to my place. He was tense and scared. I thought it was because he was meeting my father but the real reason was because his father was the rouge leader and he is his son. They want me dead. I am so lost in my head that I don’t know where I am going until I run into someone.

“I am sorry.”

“Well look what we have here, Nikki Stark.” I look up and am greeted by two red eyes. I don’t even have time to scream when his fangs come in contact with my neck. It all happened so fast. One moment he is drinking then the next he is not. Black dots are dancing around my eyes and the last face I see is Cole’s father the leader of the rouges.

****

Dedication goes to hay_hai for guessing it right on who the vampire is

So just about everyone was spot on. Cole's father is a rouge and the leader of the rouge vampires.

So hope you enjoyed this chapter only 5 chapter to go

remember to vote comment and share.