Chapter 37

Chapter 37

It has been two days since my father died. Everything is lifeless and I think I would have lost if it wasn’t for Cole. He has been with me and has not left my side. The house is a mess. I am a mess. My body has healed and not a single scar is left, but all of my scars are inside of me. Everyone is preparing for my father’s funeral as well as my coronation which will be three days after the funeral. I spend my days in my room crying and wishing that I had never left Coles that day. The vampires have already started looking to me for help and at the moment the council is handling any affairs. Vampires have been rolling into the house with their apologies and I just want to tell them all to get lost.

 The afternoon before the funeral I make an appearance at dinner which takes me back to when I was being named successor. I am not wearing anything fancy just some jeans and a shirt which Cole had to force me into, after he shoved me in the shower when he told me I stunk. I enter the room and take a seat in an empty chair next to mum and wonder why everyone is still standing. Right.

“Please sit.” Even though I am not officially Queen, I still am the moment my father died. There is a plate of food in front of me but food just makes me want to be sick. I am so lost in thought I didn’t hear my name being called.

“Your majesty.” Someone says and I realised they were waiting for me to start.

“Please start.” Everyone knows I saw what happened to my father and everyone knows what happened to me. Well the overall view. I was captured and tortured. After they dragged out my father’s body they went back for Victor’s and my father’s heart only to find both gone. The only thing left was the sword. So we are all assuming he is still alive.

“Nikki, are you going to eat?” I look to see my mother looking at me.

“Yeah I guess.” I start to eat but everything taste bland. Once I have eaten some dinner I stand up and everyone stops what they are doing.

“If you don’t mind me.” I place my napkin done and my mother grabs my hand.

“Nikki please stay and finish your dinner.” My mother looks at me sadly.

“Sorry mum, I am just not hungry.” She sighs in defat and I walk out of the room. I walk outside and do the one thing I have been meaning to do. I scream.

I scream for my pain, my loss. I scream at how stupid I am, I scream at my life, I scream that my dad had to die. I scream that Victor had killed my dad, I scream that I was so weak. I just scream at everything and anything. I must have been loud because guards were near but keeping the distance and I think everyone at dinner was watching me through the window. That didn’t stop me I just kept screaming and screaming until tears were running down my face. I finally stopped screaming and wiped my tears away from my face. I took a few deep breaths like Cole had taught me when everything was becoming too over whelming. Once I calmed myself down I sat on the ground and rested my arms and head on my knees and sighed. I felt someone come sit next to me and I knew who it was.

“You feel better?” I turn my head to see Travis in the same spot as I am in.

“I guess.” I shrug. “I just miss him. I wish I hadn’t been so stupid. If I didn’t leave Cole’s at that hour of night they never would’ve gotten hold of me. Dad would still be alive.” I knew this is what people were saying, I guess they forgot that I could hear them.

“Maybe, but there is nothing you can do about it now.” I nod my head and stand up.

“I am going in, you coming.” Travis shakes his head and keeps looking straight ahead. When I make it to my room I find the council waiting for me.

“Nikki.” They bow, at least they call me my first name. “We have to inform you about tomorrow. At the funeral you are not allowed to cry or show any emotions.” I suck in some air not sure I am hearing right.

“You are now Queen. If people see you weak they will take advantage. You can mourn in your own time but you must not show any emotion.” I nod my head because there is nothing I can really do. They leave my room and I climb into bed. Cole had something to do tonight but he promised me he would be by my side tomorrow.

 When morning came I somehow managed to get out of bed. My other family members were told they were allowed to cry but not me.  I am meant to say a few words but I don’t think I can. I am dressed in a simple black gown with a white ribbon around my waist. My hair has been styled up and my crown is on my head. People will still call me princess until I am crowned queen. My family is all waiting dressed in black when the see me I am covered in hugs. We don’t say anything as they call us in each one by one. After my mother goes in and I wait.

“Princess Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark.” I take a deep breath and entre the room. The place is covered lilies and other flowers. At the front was my father’s coffin with his picture on top. Seeing it almost crumbled my heart to think that my father was in there with no heart. I took a deep breath and kept walking to the front. His coffin was made of marble and was black and gold. We all take a seat and the ceremony starts. I black out for the whole thing until it is my turn to speak. I walk up to the podium and look out at all the vampires and supernaturals.

“M-M-My father was a great man. He was not only a great father but a great king. He was a leader and knew how to lead well. He did have his faults just like everyone but he learnt from his mistakes and made them better.” I look to my family who are all in tears. No emotion remember be strong.

“My father was loved by everyone not just his family but his people. He had great ideas and dreams that he was not able to accomplish. He was always proud of anything we did. If it was passing a test or managing to control our bloodlust for the first time. He always wanted the best for us and his people. My father was a man of vision. He saw ideas, took them and spread them with everyone. He will be missed greatly by everyone but most of all he will be missed by his family. He will never get to see us grow up and have children of our own but I know that he is proud of us.” I can hear many people sobbing and I am trying so hard not to join in.

“I will miss my father deeply but not only as my father but as my king, mentor and my friend. I will miss you dad and I hope that one day I will make you proud.” I step off the podium and take three deep breaths and pick up my flowers and place them on his coffin.

“I am sorry I failed you.” I whisper as one lone tear escape and lands on his coffin. I am pretty sure the vampire who were not crying heard. My mother went up to talk next but didn’t even make it one line in before she broke down. After the ceremony we all watched as I father went into the Safe where all kings and queens rested. That was another hour and a bit of standing and listening to more people talk. Once that was done everyone was back at the house to celebrate his life. When I entered the room everyone stopped and bowed.

“Please continue.” I made it three steps before I was in Vixen arms.

“I am so sorry Nikki. I would have come sooner but no one was letting me see you. I talked to Cole and he kept me updated.” I nod at her and she steps away from me. “Nikki why aren’t you crying?” She ask as she wipes away her tears.

“I have to be strong Vixen. It is just the way things are.” I sigh and drop my posture. “Have you seen Cole?” Vixen nods over to where he is standing with my brother. I make my way over to them and their conversation stops when I reach them.

“Hey.” I say weakly.

“Hey. How are you?” Cole ask I shrug my shoulders. What more can I do.

“I feel empty I guess.” The party went well if you can say that. People wanted to talk to me and they did. Once everything started winding down I finally cried, and everyone around let me.

*****

Ok this is not the ending still one chapter to go. So yes the king is dead and there is no way he is coming back sorry but he did have his heart ripped out.

hope you enjoyed and remember to

>Vote

>Comment

>Fan