Harry's In Trouble [Part 1]

Author's Note:

It just came to my attention that my timeline is messed up...but don't worry. I'll attempt to salvage it. Promise. Now onto the story! :D

____________________________________________________________________________

Ariella frowned at the boy’s words. Harry shouldn’t be anywhere near the Shrieking Shack. In fact, he should be in the Gryffindor Tower. She turned to investigate the Tower just as the door to Severus’ office was flung open forcefully. Severus was stopped short by the appearance of Ariella’s turned back. She turned to him feigning surprise.

“Severus!”

“Where were you going, Cross?”

“Ok, you got me. I was going to go make sure Harry is where he is supposed to be,” she replied as Severus frowned.

“And if he wasn’t?” Ariella frowned at his insinuation. Draco Malfoy dipped his head around the Potions Master and Ariella fought back a fit of giggles. The usually clean cut boy was covered in mud and his clothes were wrinkled and torn in one or two places. He looked furious.

“I bet she was going to go warn him, Professor,” Draco sneered as Ariella glared at him.

“I bet you’ve got mud in your knickers, don’t you Mr. Malfoy?” Ariella rebutted as Draco’s otherwise pale face lit up with a bright blush. Severus glared at the two blondes.

“Go to your dorm, Mr. Malfoy,” he ordered as the teenager sullenly did what he was told. Severus waited until the boy was out of sight before turning his attention to his blonde companion.

“Don’t look at me like that, Severus. I wasn’t going to warn him or let him off of the hook, IF he was really there,” Ariella emphasized the if. She wanted to believe her godson cared just as much about his safety as she did.  Of course, she knew that she would probably be proven wrong. Harry was nothing if not his father’s son.

“Cross, you and I both know he’s not up in the Tower,” Severus seethed as Ariella folded her arms across his chest.

“That’s because you have no faith in him, Severus. You automatically assume he is guilty all of the time,” Ariella remarked as she furrowed her eyebrows in the center of her forehead.

“Because he usually is, Cross,” Severus responded darkly. Ariella frowned at his words.

“He’s not a bad kid, Severus,” she defended quickly as Severus quirked an eyebrow in skepticism.

“Fine. If he’s not in the Tower, you have my full permission to punish him,” Ariella conceded as Severus stalked past her. Ariella sighed. She knew Harry wouldn’t be in the tower. Again, he was nothing if not his father’s son. Out of pity of Harry impending meeting with Severus, she decided to stay in Severus’ office and wait for their return. Ariella had no doubt that Severus would bring the dark haired boy back to the dungeons. It was his element and it often helped him get his point across. She only waited for a few minutes before she watched Severus storm into the room with Harry in tow. Harry stopped when he saw her and guilt riddled his features.

“Sit, Potter,” Severus seethed. Harry didn’t look at Ariella as he did what the Potions Master told him.

“Mr. Malfoy has just been to see me with a strange story, Potter,” said Snape as Ariella climbed to her feet. Harry didn’t say anything.

“He tells me that he was up by the Shrieking Shack when he ran into Weasley — apparently alone.” Ariella frowned as she listened to the story. Harry remained quiet.

“Mr. Malfoy states that he was standing talking to Weasley, when a large amount of mud hit him in the back of the head. How do you think that could have happened?” Harry tried to look mildly surprised. Ariella’s frown deepened as she came up behind Severus. Harry refused to meet her eyes. Severus Snape didn’t scare him, but his godmother did.