12• The Kiss

Skyler's POV
---

He called me up and told me to come to him? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around so I can apologize to him? What even is love? I mean I know, but why is it so confusing? Like, almost every
couple that I know says their relationship is like clockwork, and now I'm just like, "it ain't so easy now, is it, lovebirds!"

I secure my jacket around me and check my hair before running out to the car. Beads of rain roll off of me before I get in a pull onto the road to the stables. At least now I can apologize to him. We'll be good...right?

---
Logan's POV
---

I pace nervously. What if she doesn't accept me? What if she rejects me again? Ugh, I wish–

"Logan?" A flirtatious and high pitched voice calls from the door. At first I don't recognize it but as soon as I see her face I get lightheaded. Natasha Peterson. Cheer captain, bragger, and all around kinda pretty.

She steps in and eyes me, biting her lip. "What the heck are you doing here!?" I whisper-yell. She gestures for me to come out.

She grins. "Come over here,"

I sigh reluctantly and make my way outside, closing the door after me. "What are you doing here?!" I repeat in the same tone. This is a bad time... "How did you know I was here, when did you..."

"I've been think a lot lately and I just wanted to say one thing..." she grasps my cheeks and pushes her lips to mine uncomfortably. I stand there, shocked, and not even the sound of tires on gravel snaps me out.

Still stunned, I hear a small gasp and glance to the parking lot. I almost pass out once I figure out who it is; Skyler looks broken. I pull away from Natasha's grasp to explain to Sky, but I find no words to say. She is broken. Her face, shattered. A string of tears roll down her face quickly as she gets back in the car. No! No, this is NOT supposed to happen! She probably thinks I called her so she could watch me kiss another girl! This cannot be how this goes, this–hopefully–love story cannot end like this! This scenario should be sang by Taylor Swift, not acted out by Logan Young! I try hard to push some words out but nothing comes. The only thing I get is that feeling in dreams when you're falling off a cliff. What did I just do...

That's it.

I broke Sky.

---
Sky's POV
---

Slowly, I pull into the lot of the stables and step out of my vehicle. Looking up, I find what should only be in movies; he's kissing some black haired girl in a cheer outfit. My stomach turns, head spins, heart races, throat throbs, and I feel like I've just been punched in the gut. I feel a lump catch in my throat and let the anger and sadness and pure shock out through tears.

Stunned, and frankly pretty furious, I immediately get back in and let the tears flow. We may not have had much, but we did have something, and he's stomping it. Now, we have nothing. I don't want anything.

He called me here to watch him kiss someone else? I came to apologize, but if he wants to play like that, I don't wanna play anymore.

I did not think Logan was capable of doing that, honestly. That's against his morals and basically everything he made himself out to be.

I can't help the tears streaming down my face, but I can't watch any longer. It hurts. He called me to watch him kiss another girl. And that's that.

I turn the car around and rush home, before running through the rain and into my room. I lay in a pool of sadness and anger on the floor, sulking about what I just witnessed.