Chapter 14

Frank's POV
I found Jade leaning against the front porch with her arms crossed.
"Do you have a cigarette?" She asked as she glanced over at me.
"I quit and you should too." I answered.
"I have. I just have cravings." Jade replied. I pulled a couple of nicotine patches out of my pocket.
"Have these. One a day. Use them when you need them." I said as I threw them at her. She caught them one handed and ripped open one before placing it on her upper arm. She put the rest in her jacket pocket.
"Gerard can get you some cigarettes if you're desperate but beware that it might cause an argument between Lyn-Z and Gerard." I said nicely.
"I'll keep that in mind." Jade replied with a smile. I smiled and glanced back inside. Spencer was beckoning me in.
"You coming inside now? Spencer has finished cooking." I asked.
"I'm not hungry. Let me go home and let me starve. Let me die because this world isn't my place. They're gonna judge me and I hate that. I hate myself." Jade whispered. She started wandering into the distance. I ran after her and grabbed her wrist. I pulled her back to me.
"You're not going anywhere. We need you here. This is your family now. There's a whole lot more to meet and I'm not letting you throw away a loving and caring family. This family has experienced enough. We've lost a sister to suicide. Mikey is depressed. Gerard is suicidal and a recovering alcoholic. Spencer was raped. Their mom, your grandma, left them because her husband was abusive. They ended getting abused too. Andy self-harmed. The rest of his band have had problems with alcohol at some point. I have problems too. If you do something crazy, you'll break us more. We don't need that." I informed with tears in my eyes. I looked at her pleadingly.
"I can't promise anything Frank. I'm not eating that fatty food because I don't want to be uglier than I already am. I'm just going to bring pain to your family. This family isn't mine. I thought it could be but it's not." Jade replied. She jerked her hands out of my grip and walked away. Gerard burst out of the front door and ran up to her.
"Jade, wait." He shouted. Gerard pulled her into a hug before whispering something in her ear. Jade shook her head and left his arms before coming back to me.
"Don't force me please Frank." Jade begged. I pulled her close to my chest.
"Force you to do what?" I asked.
"Eat. I'm scared too." Jade answered as Gerard looked from where Jade was.
"You've got to try Jade. We can help you but you can't break us all in return. Promise?" I said. Jade nodded and hugged me tighter.