Kill or be killed.

"Simple. Attack and your buddy gets a bullet in his head!" Liu laughed, as Cole struggled to find the right answer.
Kai was possibly passed out from blood loss or something because his head was down, eyes closed.
Cole hoped he was still breathing.
"Stop." Cole snarled.
"What?"
Then, Cole lunged at Liu, kicking his arm away from Kai, and yet used his Scythe to practically tore into Liu's arm, through muscle and tissue. Liu screamed as he clutched his gun arm, blood splattered again against the floor.
Cole broke the chains, and caught Kai in his arms.
"Lets get you home" Cole said.
"Cole...." Kai asked, weakly.
"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere"
Cole rushed out side, laying Kai on Coles's knees where his head lay.
Cole brushed a stray strand of his greasy brown hair from his once bright, fire- fueled amber eyes.
"You came?" He said, his throat burned.
"Course i did. Listen, Kai, i came because.....because i love you! And- and I've the one searching and searching for you the past year or so. Everyone else has.....forgotten. Moved on and i, I couldn't. Couldn't stand not having you around with your cockiness and impatience. And I love that about you!"
"Cole, love you too. Just couldn't understand how or why you could ever like me back." Kai coughed, blood seeping from his mouth.
"Listen let me get you to a hospital. There one not to far from here. The - then we can talk! Save your strength" Kai nodded and fell asleep in Coles arms.