roommates | lydia martin

you dragged your suitcases behind you through the crowded corridors of your dorm building, you stopped in front of your dorm room looking at the number engraved on a gold plaque, 101.

you inserted your keycard into the keycard reader and turned the door knob, pushing the door open and dragging your suitcases inside, almost stumbling.

"need a hand?" someone asked from behind you, you turned around to see a girl with strawberry-blonde hair and mesmerising green eyes.

"um, i'm good, thank you." you smiled slightly, finally managing to get inside the door and placing your suitcases down.

your new roommate sat on her bed, an open book in her hands, she placed a bookmark in between the pages and looked up at you, "i'm lydia martin, nice to meet you, roomie." she smiled sweetly.

"y/n." you smiled back, sitting down on your bed after hauling your suitcases up five flights of stairs, you had to pick the building with no elevator.

lydia laughed, "i know how you feel," she glanced at the numerous bags at the end of her bed, "it took three trips up those stairs."

"no way!" you laughed, lydia nodded.

"i heard there's a party later for 'newbies', i'm not usually the party type now but maybe we should go together?" she suggested.

"i'd love to!" you said, a little too excitedly, lydia chuckled.

"what are you going to wear?" she stood up and went over to one of her many suitcases, laying it down on the floor and opening it.

"i have no idea, i don't really have many party clothes." you said, thinking about what you could possibly wear.

"none at all?" she gasped, shaking her head, "let me find you something..." she rooted through her suitcase that seemed mainly full of dresses, "hm..." she muttered to herself.

"ah!" she exclaimed, pulling out a silver, glimmering dress.

"is that not too much?" you asked, worriedly.

"maybe..." she trailed off, picking out her other choice, a simple black dress with a low cut neck, she looked at you hopefully.

"much better." you smiled.

"great!" she tossed it towards you and then found herself a short white dress, "perfect."

***

you walked with lydia up the driveway of a sorority house, music and flashing lights erupted from the house.

"oh, wow." you gasped, you'd never been to a party before and it seemed like this was going to be an unforgettable one.

"come on!" lydia smiled, linking her arm through yours and dragging you towards the house.

once you were both inside people swarmed around you, everywhere you turned people were drinking or making out, you rolled your eyes. lydia seemed to notice, "come and dance with me!" she yelled over the blaring music.

you followed her through the crowd, she turned around to face you and gestured for you to come closer.

she started swaying her body in time to the music, you copied her movements and she smiled at you.

soon your bodies were almost touching and the music became slower, changing to a more romantic mood. you looked at the others around you, they were slow dancing.

lydia kept her eyes on you, you couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was under the fluorescent light.

she wrapped her arms around your neck, your bodies now touching. you wrapped your arms around her waist, your faces growing ever closer.

you both swayed to the music, lydia leaned closer towards you and kissed you slowly, you pulled away to breathe, "wow."

lydia laughed quietly, then she rested her head on your shoulder, her strawberry-blonde hair tickling your cheek.

"i'm so glad you're my roommate." she whispered in your ear, loud enough for you to hear.

"i'm glad you're mine too, lydia." you whispered back, hugging her close to you.