Nico Di Angelo x Reader- My Friend

(I am sorry if I don't get the whole thing right since I haven't read this book for a long time now)

-1 year before-

"Percy who are these people?" A 10 year old you asked your older brother.

Your (e/c) orbs passed by a rather pretty girl with black hair, brown eyes and a olive skin with freckles and next to her was a boy who looked about your age with black hair, dark brown eyes and he was holding a pack of cards.

Percy looked down at you with his green orbs and he gave you a small smile.

"(Y/N) this is Bianca and Nico Di Angelo," Percy introduced you to the two kids in front of you. The girl who was named Bianca gave you a smile and a wave and the boy gave you a cheesy grin. You smiled and waved to the two back.

"Okay (y/n) me and Bianca are going somewhere and I want you to show Nico around camp and keep him company," Percy instructed you. You nodded and gave your older brother a hug. You knew he was going on a quest. For your sake he just puts it in gently since you were always the one to be cautious for him and everyone else. After the small embrace you watched Percy's retreating figure disappear along with Bianca's. You turned to Nico with a smile. You usually had no one your age to hang out with so you were excited.

"What are does?" You asked the boy out of curiosity of the cards he was gripping. He dramatically gasped.

"You don't know mythomagic?" He asked.

You shook your head. He suddenly grabbed your hand and grinned.

"Well this is gonna take a while to explain," he said before dragging you to a nearby picnic table.

-1 year later-

You and your brother, Percy, stared at the Iris- image of an eleven year old Nico Di Angelo who was throwing the mythomagic cards into the burning fire. You clutched your chest, hoping the pain will disappear from your heart at the sight of the broken boy. Percy put his arm around you.

"I'm sorry sis," Percy whispered to you.

You shook your head with your messy (h/c) hair bobbing around.

"It's not your fault Percy," you said with a small sigh. You got up and retreated to bed, afraid if you saw anymore you will die in depression.

-5 years later-

Nico now lived in camp after all the quests he had gone with Percy and the gang. He even has his own cabin but yet you still haven't even talked to him.

You were currently hugging your legs as you stared at the lake. You knew you were growing distant from everyone and people didn't even know about a (Y/N) Jackson.

Your sighed before closing your eyes.

You suddenly felt a presence next to you so you snapped your eyes open and turned your head to look at the one and only Nico Di Angelo.

"Hi," you said numbly.

He returned the gesture.

There was an awkward silence.

"We haven't talked for a long time have we," You said, hoping to break the ice.

"Why (y/n)?" Nico suddenly blurted out. You stared at him blankly.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked.

You stayed silence.

He asked again.

You sighed.

"Let me ask you that have anyone ever talked about me like they talked about Percy?" You asked the Italian boy.

He shook his head.

You let out a bitter laugh exactly.

"Exactly, I am not as important as Percy, heck I was told the gods wanted to kill me because Poseidon had another child," You added bitterly.

"I'm nothing compared to Percy," you mumbled. Suddenly a hand gripped your arm and made you turn to the person, who was Nico Di Angelo.

"Don't you ever say that. You are just as important as Percy. Your (y/n) Jackson and you are the daughter of Poseidon," Nico said and he suddenly leaned closer to your face.

"Besides if you weren't important or amazing then why would I have fallen for you?" He said before attaching his slightly chapped lips to yours. You were taken by surprise but close your eyes and returned the favour. A few minutes later there was a rustle and an angry looking Percy jumped out.

"DI ANGELO!!!" Percy roared before running after Nico. Nico had already made a mad dash to get to the safety of his cabin. You were flustered and irritated by your brother's horrible timing but laughed anyway at an angry son of Poseidon chasing after the panicked son of Hades.

Hope you guys liked this oneshot ✌