Day Two

Just as predicted, the very next day, the same short sweet toothed ginger arrived at said coffee shop. This time however, he was not alone.

Lon'qu saw the teen before he had even walked through the door and was already dreading the encounter. After what had happened last time, he was already assuming that it would be a long morning.

It was dully noted that he had brought along a girl this time, probably to woe her with his money spending skills. Lon'qu was not impressed by said spending skills and couldn't understand how anyone else would and that thought was imedietly reviewed and labeled as ridiculous.

The red head made his way to the counter, the girl following with him, arms crossed.

"Gaius, only one thing."

"Lucinia, no, I'll get what I want ok."

"Right. Last time you did that you came to school with a car full of coffee. I'm here to supervise you."

Though the older male had mentally taken two hundred steps back and only physically clenched his teeth at the presence of said teen named Lucinia, he smirked at the thought of her being here to "supervise".

"Can I get you anything?" He asked gruffly, focus staying strictly on Gaius.

"Hmmm. Yeah, maybe- no.... how about- nah.." he muttered, pointing at an item before bringing his hand back to his mouth, chewing on his finger nail.

The way how his face was scrunched in concentration was definitely something Lon'qu was considering cute, even if he didn't want to think about it. He was. He was internally screaming.

"Could you please hurry up." he thought, tapping his index finger against the marble counter top.

"You know what, how about something super sweet with Lotsa Caramel." he finally suggested.

"A Caramel Latté? " He asked, raising a thick dark eyebrow in question.

"Yeah, that. "

He nodded, putting in the order before telling them the price. They stared at one another silently for a few moments. The red head shifted on his feet nervously.

"Well?" Lon'qu said.

"Huh?"

"Hnnngh, Give him money Gaius. Hurry up, we have to go to school. That's a thing still you know" Lucinia snapped, glaring at the short male.

"Oh! Yeah, right, almost forgot. Here ya go." He said, chuckling as he handed over the money.

It was noted that the teen had a cute laugh, something Lon'qu didn't mind hearing again. Platonicaly of course.

He turned around, going into the back to make the ordered coffee, relieved that the kid got one thing instead of absolutely everything. He was still able to hear them though, and listened in as he heard them speak.

"Right. Almost forgot." Lucinia muttered.

"What, I did. You were checking him out too don't lie." Gaius sputtered in defense.

"N-no! I was not."

"Uhuh, don't lie sugar. Too bad, I saw him first." he hummed. Something falling over was distinctly heard, probably the dumb kid messing with the set of take home coffee packages. There was a curse that followed after.

"I'm not interested in your conquests. Just. Shut up.". She sounded embarrassed. Lon'qu definitely was. Having a girl talk about him in such a way was usual. He heard it a lot and though it bothered him, having a teenage guy say it no less, was unnerving.

He came back with the cup, his face as red as a tomato. "You're beverage. Is. Here." He spoke in clipped sentences, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

Gaius reached out and took the cup,pale fingers brushing over Lon'qus darker ones, sending a shiver through his nerves. He needed that kid out.

"Thanks..." his eyes trailed to the name tag, smirking, before looking up again. "Lon'qu?"

He nodded. He still wouldn't make eye contact. He knew that if he did, his fears might be proven.

The two left, and he let out a sigh in relief. Just then, Robin came in, smiling and waving. "I'm so sorry Lon'qu, didn't mean to leave ya here alone. I had important business to attend. I'm really sorry."

He grunted, inwardly wishing she had been there when Gaius had arrived so that he didn't have to handle that alone. Too bad the damage was already done.