(Late) NatZa Week: Sacrifice

Author's Note: I am very sorry for taking a long time in finishing the prompts, blah. I had tons to do especially with my other stories and my in real life issues. I also just got back from vacation so I'm more than comfortable to now write these stories on a more day to day basis, even though I can take weeks to update though, haha.

I've also taken the liberty of renaming the story from "NatZa Drabbles" to "Of Burning Hearts and Metallic Roses," found it to be quite better for the two.

Anyways, as soon as I finish the last few prompts, I shall start doing some requests, so bare with me until then.

Alright, enough of this note and let us start this story…

"Mommy?" A young girl with pink hair who looked no older than 7 years old, had called out to her mother, as the two stood in front of a statue.

The little girl had a one set pink dress while the mother wore a blouse and a blue skirt. The older woman turned to look at her daughter, gazing her eyes off the statue, as she gave her, her full undivided attention.

"Yes dear?" The scarlet haired mother had answered her.

"Who was my father?" The little girl had asked her.

The woman stood there, almost jaw dropping at the question her 7 year old daughter asked her. "Well that is a surprising question." Her jaw dropping reaction immediately turned to that of a quant smile.

The small pinkette and the scarlet haired mother took a seat at a nearby bench, that was in front of the statue. The statue was of a man with striking features as that of the small girl.

"Well, are you going to tell me or are we just gonna sit here for another 3 hours like we usually do, mommy?" The girl continued to pester her mother as the two now sat down. She was on the right while the scarlet haired mother sat on the left.

"Well, what exactly do you want to know?" She wasn't prepared. She knew her daughter would one day ask of her father, but she never knew that at the age of seven would she ask of him. Still, she was attested to tell her about him.

"Well besides just his name…" The small girl glanced over at the bronze plaque in front of the statue: Natsu Dragneel, Earthland's Fallen Hero, it read. "I want to know his whole story."

"That's a very long story," a mere drop of sweat appeared on the mother's forehead. It would take hours to describe the man she had fallen in love with and the very father of the small girl right in front of her. "It would take a lot of time just to tell you who he was."

"Okay, then tell me how he was with you," the small little girl now changed her question, prompting her mother to tell her how she knew the man. "Tell me how you two met, how you two fell in love and such."

"Well, that's a long story as well," her words made her daughter groan. "But, I can tell you a short run down version of our adventures."

"Yay!" The daughter's burdens were suddenly lifted. Like a child enjoying a story a mother would give at bedtime, the little laid her head on her mother's lap, while the rest of her body was on the wooden bench.

"Where do I begin?" The mother asked herself as she caressed her daughter's forehead, gleamingly enjoying her mother's comfort.

"Start by now you met each other!" She suggested.

"Well that's easy, we met at the guild as kids," the Scarlet haired woman began. "Natsu, your father, stumbled onto our guild as he searched for his father, Igneel."

"The dragon, right?" Every now and then, the little girl would ask her mother about her father. Small details like being trained by a dragon were those sort of stuff she would answer with.