(Late) NatZa Week: Fireworks

"What was important wasn't the fireworks, it was that we were together this evening, together in this place looking up into the sky at the same time." ~ Banana Yoshimoti

They hadn't had time for each other in over 3 weeks, but they had their own very good excuses as to why. They both would take jobs, missions that took days to even weeks to complete and even when they had time for themselves, for each other, they would be completely exhausted. Erza didn't blame him and Natsu never blamed her, after all, being a mage is about helping people.

Natsu, along with Happy, had finally come back home to the Guild, utterly exhausted. Taking down a den full of strong monsters would do that to you.

The pinkette dragged his feet to the nearest table, laying down on top of it like it was a bed. "You know Natsu, tables aren't for taking naps." Happy chuckled as he saw his human partner get comfy on the table.

"I know, but after our last mission, I'm too exhausted to go to our place, the Guild was nearer." Natsu groaned.

"You think Erza is back from her mission?" Happy surveyed the area in the Guild. No luck to him, the only people he saw were Macao and his son, Wendy and Carla, and Mirajane all by the bar, Levy and Gajeel, along with his exceed Pantherlily, taking up a corner, Master Makarov chilling up on the balcony, taking one of his naps and Laxus and his crew up at the mission board.

"I don't know… it's been awhile since we last did something together…" Natsu sighed, having his right arm cover his eyes. He would kill to have at least a few minutes with her without being exhausted but that'd be a longshot.

"Well do something about it." Happy suggested to him.

"Well I'm too tired to do anything about it…" Natsu groaned.

"Really now? Last time I checked, the Natsu I know would use the last remaining energy he had and do something with Erza, regardless if it'd be in the bed department or something like that," Happy held back a laugh. "That Natsu can actually take up the challenge."

"Now I know you're playing me, but you're right," Nasty instantly got back up and got off the table, though exhausted, he didn't want to have a relationship where he and Erza did nothing but be exhausted. He loved her too much for his and her interactions to die while they did missions. "But I have no clue what to do for her and I."

"Well, why don't you try to cook her something, maybe a spicy dinner or something?" Happy happily suggested a safe option.

"No, we do that all the time, something else…" Natsu now brought his left index finger and thumb underneath his chin, thinking of what to do.

"You know, the town is celebrating their annual festival today, why not take her there?" Happy suggested again.

Natsu thought for a second before answering. The annual festival was the day the town was founded plus he didn't have to do much but take Erza and enjoy the evening. "You may be on to something there Happy."

"Aren't you glad I was here to help?" Happy grinned.

"But I still have no clue what exactly we're going to do there though, they have all that dancing and I'm not much of a dancer…" Natsu wasn't one for moving his hips around.

"They have those amazing fireworks they have at midnight!" Happy continued to give his human partner more advice.

"You're right!" Natsu was now pumped. He enjoyed those fireworks, always having different types of colors and different sounds they made. He remembered Erza enjoys the final part of the annual town festival as well. "I know the perfect spot she and I can go to!"