9.

(a/n are y'all ready for some Scömìche?)

Scott POV

We walked back to the camp. It was good to be back.

I was just worried about Mitch, who desperately held my hand, trying not to walk on all-fours but just come with me. I looked at my tent. Was Mitch willing to go in?

"Hey Scott," I heard Avi say. "How about you get some rest and change into proper clothing. We'll make you some food." I nodded. "Okay, will do! Are you coming, Mitch?"

Mitch looked at me as he heard his name. He didn't know what I said, but he followed me. As we entered the tent, I saw his face expression change. So many unknown things around him!

He touched every single one of them, one at a time, smiling at the looking glass and growling at the hat.

I took some clothes from my suitcase and wondered if I could quickly change with Mitch here. Oh well, why do I even care. I glanced over and saw Mitch on the bed with the alpaca plush in his hands, staring at it with a combination of confusion and adoration.

I turned my back to him and took off my soaked, dirty shirt and my pants, who also looked horribly dirty. I now stood in only underwear. I quickly dried myself with a towel, but when I turned around to grab my shirt, I noticed Mitch staring at me with big eyes.

Mitch POV

What was he doing? I was focused on the fluffy weird thing in my hand, until I noticed Scott taking of the things on his body. I saw his bare skin, like the one I had. Only his was a lot whiter. There was a line at his shoulder, when his skin turned from white to brown-red-ish. I had a line like that too, but it was at my hips, were the stuff around my private parts ended. He had big muscles which were visible through his big arms and back. He took away more, only to show more underneath. He rubbed something on his back and head, then turned around.

He looked at me and smiled. He caught me looking at him. Not like I cared that he turned around, now I could see more of him. He had muscle on his belly too, something I didn't have.

He put on the stuff again and I pouted. I didn't mind that it was off him. It was off me too, why couldn't he be like me?!

He cleaned his feet, then put something on that too, even something over that. He handed me some of it too, but I didn't want it. Why would you want that on your body? Or maybe it could keep you warm? I hesitated, but then took the stuff from him. I looked at it and at him with a questioning look.

"Clothes," Scott simply said. So these were clothes. I fumbled with it for a bit, but then he helped me. It was too big for me. I drowned in it. Scott just laughed, but I didn't see the fun.

He looked for something else and came back with a weird round thing that bended in every direction. He twisted it around the 'clothes' next to my shoulder and one close to my hips. It now fit me better. And to be honest, I didn't look half bad! I turned around, looking at myself. I saw Scott standing with the fluffy thing in his hands. I happily took it from him, hugging it.

I got startled when I heard one of the others calling, but Scott quickly comforted me. We went out of the human-cave and I smelled their food. It smelled, well, weird.

Scott had a look of frustration. "We can't give him that!" he said. "Who gives can food to a wild boy who has lived of jungle food his entire life?" Kevin just shrugged. I didn't know why. Scott didn't say anything and took his food. He took some for me too.

It was on a cold, weird thing. He had something in his hands, a silver stick with 4 points. He put it in his food and the food sticked to it. He had impaled it and scooped it up, then put it in his mouth.

I looked at the 'food' in front of me. It was so different from mine. I copied Scott's movements, putting the stick in my food and trying to put it in my mouth. How does he hold that thing? I couldn't get it done. Scott looked at me and smiled. He showed me how he held it and I copied his exact movements.

The food wasn't like mine, but it was kinda good I guess. I finished way later then the others, but they didn't seem to mind.

When I finished, I held the fluffy thing, which I called "Buddy" in one of my arms, while my other hand held Scott. After a while, Avi yawned. "Time to go to bed." I didn't know what he was planning, but Scott and Kevin agreed. Kevin and Avi went in a human-cave and Scott and I went. Scott took the clothes off him again, switching them for ones that looked more comfortable. He gave me comfortable clothes too. We sat on a soft thing, playing with Buddy.

Scott POV

I sat on the bed with Mitch, both wearing pajamas. I tried to play with the alpaca with him, which he called "Buddy". I found it adorable. But it had research purposes too. I wanted to see if from his playing I could find out things about his life.

After playing for a while, with no clear result for me, he looked at me. "Scott," he said. "Yea?" I answered. He thought. "Talk." He wanted me to talk? Or did he want to talk? "Mitch talk?" I asked. He nodded.

I looked around. I started pointing at everything around us. "Bed, lamp, table, suitcase, shirt, pants, gel, comb." He would repeat everything.

I thought for a while. Should I tell him more? I pointed at him. "Mitch human. Scott human." I waited, not knowing what to expect. "Sabir no human," he said, his look disappointed. "Sabir?" I asked.

Who was Sabir? I saw he was looking for a way to explain. Then he took a threatening look, growling. "Sabir," he said. I understood now.

"Sabir no human," I confirmed for him. "Sabir leopard." "Leopard," he repeated softly. Then he looked me right in the eyes.

"Scott family?"

I saw hope in his eyes. And tears. "Sabir no family. Sabir leopard. Scott family?" I thought. I wasn't, but to him I could be. "Yes," I answered. "Scott family."

He scooted closer to me, wrapping his small body around me, hugging me tight. I hugged back. "Scotty," he mumbled. "My Scotty." I couldn't help but smile.

Soon I noticed he had fallen asleep. I put him under the covers with me, keeping him warm. As I held him, a sudden thought hit me.

Was I falling for him?

Mitch POV

I woke up and almost freaked out, not knowing where I was. I was in a strange place, something held me and I was covered.

Then I remembered. I was in the 'bed', under the 'sheets', with Scott holding me in his arms. I slowly turned around, trying not to wake him up. I stared at his face. His hair was out of place and his mouth was opened a bit. He was softly breathing, completely relaxed. I smiled at the sight, never wanting this moment to end.

I nuzzled in his chest, embracing the heat coming from his body. I never felt like this when I was with Sabir. To be honest, I never felt this with anyone. I never felt this at all, before.

I felt a hand on the back on my head. "Are you awake, Mitchy?" I didn't fully understand yet, but I heard my name, so I mumbled to show him I was no longer sleeping. I looked at him and he smiled.

We just lied there, cuddling, until Kevin and Avi woke up.