Missing Even More

I almost jumped out of the taxi as it stopped right infront of our building, hurriedly gave a couple hundred bills to the driver, carried my bags to George the guard and ran! I literally zoomed through the lobby towards the elevators!

I was tapping the handrails furiously! In my mind I was praying that she's still here, that she's still packing - that I'm not too late! I desperately need to see her!

TING!... doors sliding open... And at last!

The first thing my eyes laid on was her, my baby, carelessly slumped on the floor in the middle of the hallway, bawling her eyes out over her broken luggage... and I couldn't help but smile - a really big smile.

"Maine..." I breathed out.

My knees buckled, almost collapsing on the floor, I had to steady myself onto the wall, the exhaustion slowly taking over but deep inside I was rejoicing - she's still here.

She immediately stopped crying as she looked up, sniffling as she spoke.

"R-RJ...y-you're h-here? B-But h-how did... I-I was c-calling you, l-left a m-message, I-I was g-going to f-follow you, I w-as on my way t-to the a-airport see? t-then my l-luggage..." Her blabber was jibberish.

God! She's so beautiful! Messy-haired and tear-stained but still more enchanting than a billion sunrise' and sunsets combined.

"Do you know what being stranded for long agonizing hours in two different airports made me realize...?"

Within split second she was in front of me, her soft, slender arms wounding around my neck, hugging me so tight I could feel her heart racing, her whole body was shaking and I held on to her just as much, as if my life...no... because my life depended on it.

"I know RJ, I know..." she smiled.

And in between her sweet caramel kisses she whispered...

"I won't last a day without you..."