Chapter 6 ~ Blue Skies

"I was a monster from the moment my father ran his first experiment. How did I ever think I could lose that title?" -Sakura Haruno

      Sakura stayed in the hospital that night, for lack of a better place to put her

      Sakura stayed in the hospital that night, for lack of a better place to put her. The body of Natsumi Uchiha was uncovered and buried in the Uchiha graveyard. The bodies of the Harunos, or whatever their real names were, were kept in the morgue for further testing.

      The following morning, she was placed in Aozora Home for Troubled Children. The Hokage apologized for the method of housing, but Sakura waved him off.

      "I'm five, I have perfect shinobi skills, and I've killed dozens. I'm surprised you haven't locked me up yet. Troubled child doesn't even apply to me anymore." She explained.

      "Very well. Follow me and I'll take you there." He replied. He led her out of the hospital and toward the Shinobi Academy. "But first, if you don't mind, we'd like to test your ninja skills."

      Sakura snorted. "Of course you do Lord Third. But I'm guessing you already have an idea of my abilities, don't you?"

      The Third Hokage turned to her with a frown. "Why would you say that?"

      Sakura stopped walking. "Why else would over twenty ANBU be trailing us?" She pointed to various trees and buildings around the two.

      The Hokage chuckled. "Very good." He resumed their course. "We know you are powerful, outrageously so for one of your age, but we'd like to know a bit more detail."

      Sakura shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

      They entered the academy and made their way to a classroom on the second floor. Sakura padded over to a desk in the front row and sat down, ignoring the ANBU stationed around the room.

       "Okay Sakura, just answer the questions on the test sheet in front of you." The Hokage sat down behind the teacher's desk.

      Sakura nodded and picked up the pencil that was also on her desk. She looked at the first question and frowned, then scanned the entire page. The questions were ridiculously difficult, but not impossible.

      After the clock on her left showed that twenty minutes had passed, she filled out the last answer and handed it to the Hokage.

      He smiled at her. "Okay, I'll take you to Aozora now."

      After he had dropped her off, he strode quickly back to his office. Once inside, he pulled her test out of his robes and stared at it.

      She had gotten every question right. It wasn't as hard as the one that Genin had to take at the Chunin Exams, but it was still unheard of for a five year old to have this much knowledge. He smiled wryly to himself. Sakura Haruno could very easily become the next Itachi. No, he considered, she might be even better than Itachi was at her age. She would undoubtedly be one of Konoha's greatest assets, so long as they could keep her from becoming their worst nightmare.

      He slipped the test into her small file, and sighed at the thought that it would undoubtedly soon become much bigger.

        Sakura was shown by a young woman to her room, which she would share with three other girls. She sat down on the edge of her small bed, swinging her legs back and forth while she listened to the lady explain the rules.

      There were really only five. If you weren't on time to a meal, you didn't get to eat. Bedtime was eight thirty, and lights out was at nine. During the day you were allowed to wander the village, if you checked in and out with one of the staff. No bullying or roughhousing of any kind among the children. And you had to be present at your therapy sessions, both group and private. Sakura's private therapy would be every Thursday from noon to three, and group was on Tuesday mornings. Since it was Friday, Sakura would have the weekend to settle in before she would be required to participate in anything.

      Sakura just nodded quietly, and wondered what her roommates would be like.

      "Oh, and I nearly forgot," The lady exclaimed. "Everywhere you go, you will be accompanied by an ANBU operative, until Lord Hokage decides you are trustworthy."

      That stung a little, but Sakura just nodded in understanding. Of course they didn't trust her. How could they? Sure, she had risked everything for them. Sure, she had killed her parents for them. Sure, she had been working for her entire short life to ensure their safety. Why in the world would they trust her?

      The woman left, and Sakura looked around the room. There were four beds, including hers, and each had a bedside stand with a lamp, a book, and a notepad and pencil. Sakura paged through her book, but put it down in disgust when she saw it was just a textbook for the academy. It would be useful in the future, she supposed, but for now it wasn't worth her time.

      She decided to go exploring and (ignoring the masked ninja tailing her) walked around the building, using her notepad and pencil to create a rough map so she wouldn't get lost. After she felt she had a good idea of the layout, she returned to her dorm.

      Two of her roommates were there, and they watched her curiously as she padded over to her bed and replaced the notepad.

      "Hello," One of them greeted Sakura enthusiastically. "I'm Reika Hoki, and this is Minako Nara."

      Minako slouched back on her bed, and studied her roommate carefully. Reika bounced up and down, giddy to have a new friend. They didn't seem troubled.

      Sakura was surprised to say the least. She hadn't known any Hoki remained in Konoha, and she definitely hadn't expected a member of one of the main clans to be here.

      She blinked back her shock, and smiled warmly at them both. "Hi, I'm Sakura Haruno."

      Reika smiled back, but Minako was already asleep. She was definitely a Nara, that was for sure.

      Sakura looked around. "I was told there were three of you."

      Reika's smile wavered. "That would be Sayuri Hatake." 

Author's Note ~ Sorry for the late update. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person! I swear things will pick up soon though, so don't kill me just yet!

I'm also sorry for the long author's notes at the end of every chapter, they should start getting shorter soon.

We have new characters! All three of them are original, but I used real clans from Naruto.

The daily updates are over, starting now they'll come once or twice a week.

Thank you everyone who voted, commented, and followed. You are all amazing!

This chapter is dedicated to shadythumper, because Glass, Silver, and After are some of my favorite Naruto Fanfictions. Check them out!

Sayonara!

-Aka