TWENTY FIVE

STARS DANCE.
xxv. victoria's secret

 ❛ victoria's secret ❜

________

MELANIE spent the afternoon shopping with Nina, hitting up as many stores as they possibly could before they went back to Melanies house. Nina promised she would help her get ready for dinner with Paul, to which she asked, "Why are you helping me get dressed, by the way? Not that I don't appreciate it...but I'm just going to the diner with Paul." Her friend insisted on Melanie getting lingerie since it was Valentines day.

"I'm sorry but, why do I have to get lingerie? I don't have anyone to wear it for." Melanie asked, looking through the drawers and racks for some new bras.

Nina rushed to her side holding a hanger behind her, "You're going out to dinner with a incredibly handsome guy tonight — who, by the way, is totally into you. And then you're staying at his house! How could you not buy lingerie?"

Melanie laughed, "Maybe because Paul and I aren't dating."

"You could be if he'd get his head out of his ass and ask you out."

"Nina, I love you but... Paul doesn't like me like that. He's my best friend, but that's as far as our relationship goes. Despite the fact that I've had a crush on Paul since we met and that I really wish he was my boyfriend on today of all days." Melanie sighed.

The older brunette squealed, jumping up and down. "Mel! If you like him so much why don't you just tell him?"

Melanie pondered on the question for a moment and sighed. She couldn't tell him because she knew he didn't feel the same way. All this so called flirting people kept telling her was going on between them wasn't real, at least not on his end. Melanie was a flirt and is known for being one, but Paul, he's just her best friend. He's like the sun. Even on cloudy days he'd put her in a better mood by him simply being himself. There were only two things she was sure of when it came to Paul. Melanie was in love with him, this she knew for sure. The other, there's no possibility of Paul even having the slightest bit of romantic feelings for her. Melanie was just a friend to Paul, that's it.

"Because he doesn't like me like that, Nina."

Nina's jaw dropped, "Are you fucking blind? That man worships the ground you walk on."

"There's just...there's no way he likes me like that...there's no way. Let's just drop it and talk about something else, okay?" Melanie sighed again, forcing herself not to cry in front of Nina and also not in public at Victorias Secret.

Nina gave her best friend a small smile, "Okay. I'm sorry for prying, it's really none of my business."

Melanie reached out to hold her friends hand, her thumb lightly brushing over Ninas. "Don't be sorry. It's not that it isn't your business. You're like my sister and you know I tell you everything but, it's just hard to talk about."

"Jesus Christ, Melanie. You're gonna make me fucking cry in a lingerie store." Nina let out a light laugh, her fingertips wiping away the small tears that came out of her eyes.

Melanie smiled wide and gave her friend a hug, the two embracing for a seconds before Melanie pulled away. "Alright. I'll get the lingerie you picked but, I'm only doing it because you have great taste and it's Valentines day. Why not treat myself?"

Fifteen minutes later, Melanie was in the changing room trying on everything she had picked out. She found a few bras and some new underwear, even a bottle of perfume. Last but not least, was the lingerie Nina had picked out. Melanie peeked her head out of the room, seeing Nina eagerly waiting for her to finish. "Neens, you don't think it'll look weird on me do you?"

Nina smiled, "Babe, I picked it out because I know it'll look good on you. We've been best friends slash sisters since like, forever. I've seen you in your underwear enough times to know what looks good and what doesn't look good on you."

Melanie snorted, quickly covering up her mouth to stop herself. "Cause that doesn't sound creepy at all..."

The oldest out of the two gasped, "And you haven't seen me in my underwear?"

"Fair point." Melanie said, her head dipping back into the changing room. She hurriedly changed into the red set and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't deny it, she didn't look bad. In fact, she looked pretty damn good. Melanie peeped her head out again and waved Nina inside the room.

Once inside, Melanie asked, "So, what do you think?" She played around, posing in a few different ways.

Nina was in shock, "Girl, if somebody doesn't ask you out soon, I fucking will."

The two shared a few laughs in the changing room before paying and leaving the store, a content smile on both of their faces.

the lingerie looks like the photo up at the top. just pretend the bra in the photo is red.