Castle

"Hey Castle, we got a problem."

        I look up from my phone to see my wife briskly marching towards me with a 'not-in-the-mood-for-your-nonsense' look on her face.

        "What's up Kate?" I asked as nonchalantly as possible, although on the inside I was curious, and more than a little nervous as to what had the hard-as-nails detective all shaken up.

        "I'll tell you what's up Rick,  I have a 13 year old girl in there, terrified because her parents were killed, and she just found out that she was supposed to be the third victim! She ca't go back to her house tonight, and I don't want to leave her here, but I'm running out of options Castle!" Kate ran a hand through her hair and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'm sorry for snapping, I just want Bree to feel safe, and I don't really know how o do that right now."

        I shrugged my shoulders as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. 

        "She can come home with me. She can hang out with Alexis. We'll watch a movie, and since it's your house too, she's still technically in NYPD custody, there's no legal issues! It's perfect!" I explained.

        Kate sighs, and picks at her fingernail.

        "Rick, are you sure you want to do this?" She asks.

        "I'm positive. She has nowhere else to go, I have a daughter she can talk to, it's a really good option." I remind her, in one last desperate attempt to persuade my wife.

        Kate seems to realize that I'm right, or she just realizes that I'm not going to let this go until I get my way. Either way, she agrees.

        "Alright, just please be careful."

        "I always am."

        Kate rolls her eyes and scoffs, before asking me one last question.

        "Now, do you want to go meet her?"

        I grin, and start walking to the break room, where the girl coming home with me is waiting for good news.

        "I thought you'd never ask."