The CEO's Bad Boy {1}

Ash, Lucky and Dai didn't know what was happening.

It made sense they didn't know, the trio were only nine.

They had been playing in Ashton's small room with a few toys his mother had bought for them when they heard the front door open, the three boys had rushed downstairs to greet Cecilia.

Instead, they had stumbled across something else.

Inside the living room, the boys froze near the stairs, they could see Ashton's father in front of Cecilia. They couldn't see Cecilia, just her legs were visible through his father's wide spread legs and they were trembling. Her shoes had been thrown haphazardly to the side, her ankles bruised.

The boys could hear him yelling, though his words were incoherent.

Ashton was counting his knuckles, trying to distract himself. He turned to see the two boys doing the same.

They could smell him from here, Ashton knew it was alcohol.

Cecilia screamed at him. He yelled something about her cheating on him, she wasn't. A loud thunk caused Ash to look in that direction, once again.

His mother was on the floor, holding her cheek with her right hand. She locked eyes with Ashton, shaking her head slowly.

Ashton looked up, his father's shadow looming over him. Ash could hear his mother yelling at him to get away from them, but it seemed so distant, all Ash could hear was the loud ringing in his hear.

Ashton swallowed his fear down, locking eyes with his father. He couldn't show fear, it was what his mother had drilled into him, to never show ever show him fear.

"Are you okay, dad?" he asked, keeping his voice steady.

Ash was grabbed by the arms.

~*~

"Wake up, idiot!" Ash startled awake, his eyes darting around the room, looking for the source of his nightmares. He wasn't there, of course he wasn't.

Ashton's eyes landed on his best friends, Damon and Luke. The duo looked at one another, a frown evident on their face.

"Ash, are you okay?" Lucky's voice cut through. "Was it-"

"I'm fine," he snapped. Lucky nodded, playing with his fingers.

Ash saw the small gesture and guilt began to eat him up. "Sorry," he grumbled. "It was just a nightmare."

Ash grabbed his pillow, scowling as he through it at Dai. "You ass, why do you have to be so rude when you wake me up?"

Dai laughed as he dodged the pillow. "I always seem to forget you're not a morning person."

Ash looked aroubnd, frowning. "Where is my mother?"

"I think you mean our mother," Lucky said, a smile on his face.

Ash groaned, rolling his eyes. "Fine, where is our mother?"

Dai shrugged. "She left for work, something about absolutely destroying someone and winning the case."

Ash hauled himself out of his comfortable bed making his way to the adjacent bathroom. He didn't bother looking in the mirror as he turned the shower on. He was sweaty from the nightmare and he wanted to wash it all away.

Ten minutes later, he dried himself off, wrapping a towel around his waist. He wiped the steam off of the mirror and looked at his reflection. Hi brown hair, looking darker than it was, sat on his head. His eye bags were ever so obvious, his brown eyes a little red. He groaned quietly as he tried to rub the sleep out of them.