plastic glow

when these things happen, something terrible threatens to come out of jimin: a disgusting kind of jealousy he can't control when it involves taehyung and other people. and when his best friend tells him to come to the drinking party they were holding for jeongguk at his house...well.

"all these people?" jimin hisses, neck craning towards the circle that stood some ways ahead of the two of them and immediately regretting it when taehyung nods and flashes him that smile. "yeah!"

seeing the group makes jimin's blood rise for reasons he doesn't want to admit.

"but taehyungie" he breathes, gritting his teeth. "all of them?" his voice pitches up, "your house?" as if he had any jurisdiction over who the boy wanted to bring to his own home. jimin's reasoning was that there were secrets there that he left only for taehyung and that by bringing people over, would spill and scatter. some magic he believes which holds the two of them separate from the rest of the world.

and jimin is not and probably will never be ready to share whatever intimacy he has with his best friend to the people who are not as close. and jimin only wants taehyung to be that close.

taehyung hums, pensive. "well...i did tell hyung you might second guess since, you know" he gestures at the circle. "but i'll be there and hyung'll be there"

"of course you'll be there. it's your house" jimin rolls his eyes, huffing. he crosses his arms. 

taehyung sits beside him on the curb, bumps their shoulders together. "jiminie" he whispers, nosing behind jimin's ear and making the shorter boy's breath hitch slightly. "it'll be fun" taehyung assures him. "please?"

and there it is. the opportunity for him to play that game. 

"why is it so important that i be there?" jimin asks, straightening his back a little. his arms are covered in gooseprickles despite him wearing his warmest jumper. 

taehyung settles his head on jimin's shoulder.

two of his friends sneak glances at them and jimin dares them in his mind to talk, speak ill of him for things they don't even understand. 

they don't. 

they simply turn away with identical looks on their faces.

"one" taehyung says, sticking his pinky finger up "i haven't seen you drunk-"

"thought you didn't want me drinking?" jimin cuts in, voice lilting up in a tease.

"well, yeah. but also no"

jimin snorts. taehyung nudges his side with an elbow.

"two, i wanna see something. i wanna see how this goes" he ticks off his ring finger, holding it between the index and thumb of his other hand. jimin watches it, watches taehyung. his face is so close. 

"three, i want you to be there. it's not complete without you" his voice is low and gentle.

jimin sighs. he's satisfied for now. 

"well, then" he pushes taehyung's face away from his neck, releases the breath he's holding. jimin pulls himself off the ground, stretches. taehyung follows. 

"fine, then. you want to see me drunk? fine" he deadpans. it shocks him a little when the taller boy grabs his arm suddenly, nails biting through the fabric of his jumper. 

taehyung's brows are raised, mouth open slightly. "i mean..." he says. "i just want to. but i-" 

jimin doesn't miss the way his eyes go to jeongguk before dropping to his hand on the shorter boy's shirt.