Chapter 8

I woke up and immediately started packing. I was not staying here with my parents.

I quickly posted on my social medias, spreading the word of the tour I was going on. I was going to leave early and just stay at a hotel until the events started. Then I would tour with everyone else.

A/N: BTW I don't fully know the schedule for the tour, which you can probably guess by now, but I'm just going to make up dates.

I threw everything in my Adidas bag and went online to look for flights. I found one and booked it. I then booked a hotel room and went back to packing. 

I grabbed a backpack and threw electronics and toiletries in it and then finally grabbed a small backpack filled with stuff to entertain me on the plane.

I attached my backpack to my suitcase and moved my carry on to my closet. My flight was booked for tomorrow at 3:30AM. I had already talked to my hockey coach and would start 2 weeks after my tour. 

I got dressed in black Nike shorts, black Nike sports bra, and a gray athletic, long-sleeve shirt. I put my hair up and put my black fitbit on. I fixed my hair up into a ponytail and slipped on my running shoes.

I left my room, making sure the door was closed before heading down the stairs and out my door. I closed and it and jogged to the end of the driveway. I looked both ways before starting my mile sprint. 

Shawn's POV

I woke up and immediately changed into some basketball shorts and an athletic t-shirt. I grabbed some long socks and my running shoes and tip-toed down my steps. It was 5:00AM. I liked to work out in the early morning hours because it was when the least amount of people were outside. Plus, less people at the local gym.

I made it to my door and quietly opened it.

"Here," I heard a voice whisper from behind me. 

I turned around and saw Aaliyah, my little sister, holding out my gray water bottle and a protein bar. I smiled grabbing it from her.

"Thanks, now get to bed. You have school in a couple hours, you want to be well rested so you don't sleep in Mr. Rand's class again," I smirk.

"Shut up! It was one time, and I don't want to go to that hell hole, it sucks," She frowns, looking down at her feet.

Aaliyah had been struggling with bullies at her school. It made me so mad that someone would hurt her.

I kneeled down to her height, lifting her chin up.

"Hey, are they picking on you again?"

She doesn't make eye contact with me as she nods. I shake my head, but pull her in for a tight hug.

"I love you so much Aaliyah. I wish I could make them go away so badly. But you're the most caring and loving girl I know, you're real. You have character and you're a thousand times better than those brats. You have something they don't."

"What's that?" She asks.

"A big brother who'll beat them to a pulp if they try anything else."

She starts giggling.

"What's so funny, I'm dead serious. I'll take a lie detector test if I have to," I add smirking.

"Love you shawny," She smiles hugging me tightly.

"Love you too, now go sleep."

She lets go and goes upstairs to sleep.

I exit my house and sit on the stone step in front of it. I put on my socks and shoes before turning on my music. I stick my headphones in my ears and put my phone in my pocket. I stand up and start my jog. 

Loren's POV

I pause at a park to drink from a water fountain. After my drink I look around at the park. There's a swing set along with a big, orange slide. I walk over to the swings and sit down on one, rocking myself back and forth. 

I eventually decide it's really hot so I take of my gray shirt and tie it around my waist. I stand up and stretch before starting my run again.

Not even 5 minutes into my run, my phone beeps. I don't stop running but I pull it out of my pocket. I held the home button and unlocked my phone.

I was about to answer a text when I ran into someone, my phone going flying into a ditch and me to my butt.

I look up to see who I had run into. It was Shawn.

"I am so sorry. Are you okay?" He asks worried.

"I'm fine. It was my fault I wasn't paying attention," I wave it off.

I put my hand down to push myself up, but wince as a shooting pain shoots up my wrist.

Shawn notices and freaks out.

"Are you hurt? I am so sorry. Let me help you up."

He grabs my from my waist and sets me up onto my feet.

"I'll be ok," i smile, trying to assure him.

"Just let me look, I want to make sure you didn't break anything," he pushes.

"Shawn, I get it your worried, but I'm fine. And don't be sorry, like I said I wasn't paying attention," I reassure him.

I grab my wrist and hide it behind my back.

"I think you got a scratch on your side. It's looks pretty red," he notices, taking a step closer to look at it.

I step back the second he moves.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I just wanna look," he chuckles.

"No, I'm fine. It's fine."

 I turn to look for my phone, my back facing him. I feel him yank my arm to him from above my elbow.

"I think it's just a sprain. You should still get it checked out though," He analyzes.

I feel him move his fingers along my wrist to check it, but he freezes. I know he's noticed. I painfully yank my wrist back. I spot my phone and run and grab it. I turn to face him, not looking him in the eyes I say thanks before sprinting away.

I should've never taken my shirt off. I could've survived the heat. 

I forcefully put my shirt back on. I'm such a fuck up. I slam the door as I enter my house. I run straight to my room. 

I angrily take of my shoes and chuck 'em at a wall. I rip out my hair band, taking a few hairs with it.

I then break. I fall to the floor, bawling my eyes out. It seems all I've done this week is cry. Ever since I left the house and met Shawn. 

He's found out things I've never wanted him to, or anyone for that matter. I'm done with him. I'm done talking to him, done seeing him, done thinking about him. 

I wipe my tears and get up to take a shower.

I hate Shawn Mendes.