6- One month

The drive back to Tadashi's house kept quiet. The silence that hushed over them weren't those awkward pauses, in fact the pair loved the quietness and keeping to themselves. Mellifluous sounds of the waves rocking into one another filled in the atmosphere whilst the moon's light shining down on them with faint iridescent colors.

Kei slowed down when he came across the familiar house. "Thanks for today Tsukki, I really had fun." Yamaguchi says as he unlocks the front door, looking back at the blond from the peak of his shoulder. "Of course, and one more thing before I go." Kei walked up the steps and loomed over the shorter male.

"Wha-" His lips were gently pressed against Yamaguchi's. Paralyzed, Tadashi didn't know what to do. His slim arms stood firmly against his side as Kei turned his head to the side to deepen the kiss. Daringly taking his chance, Yamaguchi softly nibbles on the bottom of Tsukishima's lip, earning a soft groan from him.

Before they could go any further than that, Tadashi puts both his hands against Tsukishima's chest to pull back and catch some air. "Tsukki.. There's always a next time, ya know?" A blush made its way to both of their cheeks as they avoided eye contact from each other. "Are we like a thing now?" Tadashi asked.

Funny, how much more obvious can Tsukishima's intentions be? The things that they've done over the past few days.. "I mean yeah, unless you don't want us to be." Kei simply said. Yamaguchi widened his eyes the slightest. "O-Of course I want us to be..! I just wasn't sure if you.. Never mind."

"No tell me." Kei protested.

"I-Its nothing really.."

"Tadashi, if we're going to be a thing we have to tell each other what ever we have to say." Yamaguchi feels his knees go weak whenever his first name slips out of the blond's lips.

"I just.. wasn't sure if you would feel the same for me." A soft chuckle escaped Tsukishima's mouth. "Why wouldn't I? Tadashi, you have the most purest soul. You're basically an angel and god, do you make me feel insane."

If it weren't for the night which overshadowed his face, a deep blush could be easily seen on Tadashi's face. "Really?"

"Really."

That may have been the first confession Yamaguchi has ever received. No one has ever talked about him in a way that made him feel sparks of joy and made him feel as if he were the ethereal of this world.

A smile spread on Yamaguchi's face. "Thanks." That almost came out too quiet, but with Tsukishima this close he heard him perfectly. "Goodnight, Kei." The blond bid his goodbye in return but before he could walk back to his motorcycle, Tadashi pulled him back and hugged him from behind, his lips making its way to his neck and blowing soft kisses onto the skin.

It all came into a flash when Kei turned his back to face the other when he came face to face with the front door instead. A smirk formed on his lips as he hummed himself back to his ride.

Yamaguchi slid his back down against the door and heaved out a heavy sigh. Footsteps shuffled down the hall and his roommate came into view. "How'd it go!?" Suga knelt down beside him.

"I.."

Suga's joyful expression slurred into a worried one.

"I think I fell in love tonight."

-

One hand held a cool cup of blueberry smoothie while the other held Tsukishima's hand. The frosty taste of Kei's strawberry smoothie engulfed his mouth as the two walked over miles of sand, kicking and skipping over seashells and sand dollars.

"Tadashi, could you hear me out?"

Yamaguchi slurped the last of his fruity beverage and glanced sideways at the blond. "Of course."

"Since we're together now, I just want to confront you that I'm leaving in a month and heading back to Japan." Yamaguchi clutched onto the plastic cup in his hand, struggling to keep a straight face as Kei spoke. "I know." His voice cracked a little as he furrowed his brows.

Tsukishima noticed his actions and could almost feel the gloomy aura radiating off of him. He tightened his grip on Yamaguchi's hand and looked into those gentle brown eyes of his. "I'll come back. And surely in time, we could be together without anything conflicting our lives."

The tears that failed to stay left Tadashi's eyes. Yamaguchi couldn't help, but feel weak. He has always felt dependent on others, never having the strength or confidence to be independent, always needing someone to lean on.

"Sorry Tsukki, its just-"

"I know."

Tsukishima stopped walking and turned towards him. "Just hold on tight." He wrapped his long slender arms around him and took in his sweet vanilla scent. "But Tsukki, what if-"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

Tadashi looked up and felt a pair of soft lips pressed up against his own.

Sorry, Tsukki.

-

Life is just throwing shade on me rn ugh.

This story MAY take a turn for angst so be warned >:)