5.

Jake's POV

In the middle of the night I hear Katie screaming and I climb out of the chair I'm sitting in. I walk over to the bed and kneel next to her. "Katie, its Jake. You were badly hurt tonight."

"It hurts." She has tears falling down her face. "Why does everything hurt?"

I brush some of her dark hair from her face. "You went to the Viper Bar with Michelle and you got into a fight with someone."

"I was drugged," she weakly says.

I'm going to kill those arseholes. I just hope that Tank doesn't get to them first.

"Go back to sleep, Katie," I kiss the top of her head. "I will be back with some pain killers."

Pulling my phone out of my pocket I text Rayna.

She replies immediately.

I don't think she was going to fall asleep that easily with her cousin in the next room all bloody and bruised.

I walk out of the room and head downstairs to the First Aid Cabinet.

Katie was the one that demanded we get a First Aid Kit. She was sick and tired of seeing us all cut and bruised. We used to call the Doctor to come and fix us up, but we had to let him go after he tried to get Trina to take some shot that protected her against pregnancy.

Trina hated needles and everyone in the club knew that. She told us that when she was younger she was sick and spent most of her time in the hospital and they poked and prodded her with needles. That when she sees them now she freaks out.

I pull out all sorts of tablets from the cabinet and I take them upstairs with me.

Rayna is talking to her cousin when I walk into the room. She looks at me. "Cutthroat is right here, Katie."

"Can you sleep with me tonight, Jake?"

Moving over to the bed I take her hand. "I will sleep in your room, but on the floor. I don't want to share the bed with you just in case I hurt you more."

"Okay,"

Rayna goes through the tablets and she gives Katie Panadeine Extra. "Take these Katie. They will make you drowsy and they should help ease the pain. If they don't. I'm sure, Cutthroat will be bashing down my door."

"You know I will." I walk to the bathroom and fill up a glass. I carry the glass over to Katie and I put the pills in her mouth and she swallows them with the water I brought to her lips.

She drinks more water then she needed. She must have been thirsty from whatever she was drinking at the bar.

I put the glass on the nightstand. I rise and head towards the door.