3 ; dilemma

as the figure closed in, i froze like a statue. the first thing about the slender tall man was his eyes, he had blood red eyes, just like mine. he looked confident in who he was and showed no signs of weakness. from what i was told by carlisle, newborns that had been that way since turning were extremely dangerous, and you could not let them know you were weak. nor frightened, because they would use that against you.

realising this, i began approaching him with an intimidating stance.

"myla, finally nice to put a face to a name, you're beautiful" the figure stated and grabbed my hand and kissed it with his delicate lips.

i scoffed and pulled my hand immediately, ensuring on wiping the wetness of kiss away, but it didnt seem to phase him. "and you are?" i questioned, raising my eyebrows.

he just sniggered at my response, "feisty. i like that. im riley - newborn, as you can see, just like you" riley informed me, he was incredibly tall and intimidating - what did he want with me? "i realise you're part of one of the most respected vampire families out there. good going on that one" he continued, circling me, admiring my assets.

as he was looking at me from behind i swung around and faced him, making eye contact with him, "sunshine, i dont know what you're getting at here. but you dont scare me." i confidently responded.

this just caused his expression to go cold, "i didnt come here to play happy families, i want you, and i will get you" riley argued and i felt a heavy heave in my chest as i heard his serious tone. "now where were w-" he was cut off by edward.

edward arrived, and just on time by the looks of things, and stood between myself and riley, "i suggest you leave" he angirly stated and i held onto his forearm, just like i did in the canteen earlier.

riley raised his eyebrows and chuckled down at the floor before his tone went serious once again, "edward," he began, circling us both, i was getting tired of his games "victoria had a lot to say about you. she always said you would try to be the hero, but dont you think its best to let myla go? shes caused much trouble for you and your beloved family, it would be a shame to see so many of you die because of this one...little...vamp" he challenged.

id heard many things about victoria myself, she was raising an army of newborns. it made sense why she wanted me with them. she was creating this army to destroy the cullens - for killing her husband and partner, james. thus far, as far as we knew, she had created 15 new borns and was planning to strike every single day, until the final battle would commence. riley was just one of fifteen of her recruited members.

the wind picked up, and riley winked at the both of us before running back, and though he never vowed it. i knew he'd be back.

"we need to get you back, i-i-i carlisle is going to have a plan. i cant lose you, not now" edward panicked, pacing many times and i was saddened by this. why was he going to so much trouble to help me?

i held his hand tightly before speaking, "edward. listen to me. what exactly can he do? if i refuse to go he can only kill me, and im okay with that. im tired of hurting you, im tired of you having to constantly save me, i want you and the others to be happy. and if that is without me then so be it" i stood my ground, and he simply responded by peering into my eyes,

"you dont know victoria, you dont know what she's capable of. she wont stop until she captures you" edward explained, letting go of my hand, completely ignoring what i said. i mean it, i was truly tired of all of them putting themselves in danger. i couldnt tell if he was angry at me, frustrated at the situation, maybe both. but i couldnt stand it either way. "we grab the others, go to carlisle, and we work this out" edward promised and i followed along.

i completely let the fact that i, well rosalie, had told damian i would go to the beach with him slip my mind. but there was bigger issues - and im sure he wouldnt care that much, not that i cared if he didnt. i didnt have time nor the will power to be around humans.

we arrived home, and edward explained the events that occured a few minutes ago to the rest of them. to my surprise, not of them were necessarily shocked, which made me think they were expecting this attack, or visit.

"well say something" edward yelled.

alice looked shifty she stepped forward to speak. "i saw this, in my vision. i knew riley was coming; i told carlisle because he would know what to do. we left it because we needed you both to meet - but we only let you do it unprotected because i knew edward would step in to save you" she informed us. again, this didnt shock any of the others. just me and edward. they were all in on it.

"from what edward just explained, we must understand that victoria has compelled these newborns, she has them where she wants them. monkey say, monkey do. and this is where we hatch a plan" carlisle further explained and i eyed between the whole family, they were all nodding.

edward shook his head in frustration and let out a sarcastic laugh, "what if i hadnt of stepped in? what if-"

"oh please, you wouldnt let that happen, you're in love with the damsel in distress" rosalie interrupted, yelling.

i widened my eyes at her, theory per say, edward was not in love with me. "he wouldve done the same for all of you" i quietly spoke up, and everyone turned to me.

"thats past the point anyway, rosalie, if we can lure riley and kill him that will send a message to victoria. if we can prove to her that we wont go down without a fight, then maybe she will give up too" esme thoroughly suggested and i liked the idea. but the only problem was, how could we lure someone as intelligent as victoria into a simple trap like that without using the prized possession she wanted, me.

then it hit me, if the only way we could get victoria to speak, or even agree to come close to our property/land, then i would be the bait. "i could be the bait" emmett stated and rosalie rolled her eyes, what was her problem?

"dont be stupid, you're not risking anything for that" she spitted, and i could feel the anger boiling up inside of me.

a heated argument broke out, a silly game of 'whos going to protect the girl thats putting all of us in danger', id finally had enough.

"stop!" i screamed, "if we do this, we do this on my terms. i be the bait, i meet with victoria, i see what she wants. none of you, i wont have you risking your lives for me again"

i knew what i was getting myself in to, and i was prepared for the consequences.

a/n: hey there readers, i hope you're enjoying my story thus far. im enjoying writing it. please consider voting after reading each chapter, it would mean a lot. feedback is also extremely welcome, im always looking for ways to improve. but if not i hope you come back for the next chapter. thank you! :)