The Search Begins

We hopped into the car and started looking around the town for her. We drove to her house, her boyfriend's house, her art camp, our favorite spot, and she was nowhere to be found. We also asked her mom if she knew where Sabrina was. Sabrina's mom had thought she was with us. We looked everywhere and still could not find her.

     Sabrina was not the type of person who would just randomly go missing. She was a shy person who loved being around the people she knew. She had never been shy around us but when it came to talking to anyone she didn't know as well then she would start to stutter and trip over her words. We knew she would never just run off by herself. That's what we were afraid of. Sabrina could have been kidnapped and we wouldn't even know it.

                                  • • •

     We pulled up to our secret hideout. I put the car in park and we ran into the treehouse. We thought that there had to be a clue or something in there. We opened the door and a tiny piece of paper flew down. On the paper, it read: 667 Luna Drive, Florida. We glanced at one another and raced to the car.

     I pushed the keys in and we were off. Not until we got onto the highway, I realized we didn't have any spare clothes, or snacks. I made a u-turn, and one by one, we visited each other's houses to get supplies. I stopped off at a small store off the road and we packed the car full of snacks and drinks. Then, we started our trip.

     "Are we almost there?" Jen asked.

     "Another hour." I replied.

     "I really need to pee, like REALLY need to pee!" She shouted.

     "Okay, I'll pull over at the next gas station." I said.

     Ten minutes later, we pulled into a Shell gas station. Jen dashed out of the car. We waited for her, and a minute later, she came back with chips and gummy worms. We all excitedly took the food and thanked her.

     We were back on the road, searching for Sabrina. We were all crunching on our chips. We were now in the middle of nowhere, driving along a possibly abandoned road, and we all had no idea where we were going. There were only road signs every two miles or so and I started to think we were lost. I had never driven this far before given I had just gotten my license so I started to get really worried.