Accusing

Riley walked in with an older man and woman who Sabine assumed was Circuits' folks.

The woman was shooting looks at the man as if making sure he didn't run away.

"Cameron it's good to see you." The woman said and gave him a quick hug. She shoot the man a look.

"Ihavenothingtosaytohim." The man grumbled.

"This is your son, you will be kind to him." The woman threatened and the two of them sat down next to each other.

Riley sat down next to Phil and Eights.

"He's my son you don't boss me around Amanda." The man yelled at her and by the way he said this Sabine could tell they have had this fight before. "He's a traitor and I have nothing to say to him."

The words stung Circuits words he'd imagined his father saying them a thousand times but actually hearing them hurt.

"Shawn stop this." Amanda told him. "Come on he's the only one we have left."

Circuits held back a gasp and Jessica looked at him oddly.

"It's his fault too she was demoted because he deflected and died in a ship explosion a few years back." Shawn muttered angrily.

"She's gone..." Circuits managed to whisper.

He didn't know why it didn't hit him so hard, but he only barely knew her she was always pushing him away from her friends or relationships and she was off to the academy before he was 12, he always heard about her whenever she got a promotion and his parents always seemed so proud. But it was still his fault she died, he unintentionally caused it. She was still his sister. He felt as if he needed to cry.

He excused himself and walked out of the room.

"I'll go check on him." Jessica said and got up and followed after him.

>•<

"Circuits you ok?" Jessica whispered seeing him sitting on the sand staring at the sunset.

"I want to cry but tears aren't coming." Circuits replied as she sat next to him. "I never knew her I know I should feel horrible but I don't. Is that wrong?" He asked and sighed.

"It's not I didn't cry when I found out my father was dead, it was just another part of my life and I moved on, I wasn't even remotely sad even." She laughed despite herself.

"We were still family even though I hated her and sometimes I looked up to her but we never were close. I feel as if I should cry as what would of been, we could of been friends, spent long hours together playing in the sand." He said, sadly. "But here I am not crying and not that depressed even if it is partly my fault."

"It's not your fault she would of died in the hands of the Empire, seemingly most of us do and maybe it happened when it did for a reason, you just don't know it yet and you might never know."

"Thanks Jessica. I love you." He said and gave her a quick peak on the lips.

"I know." She said smiling and Circuits punched her lovingly.

"Come on say it." Circuits said.

"No." She protested.

Circuits jumped her and put her in a head lock. "Say it say it."

"Never." She said laughing and struggling under his grip. "You'll never win scum."

"I have a gun."

"I have one too big whoop."

"I have my skills."

"On that stinky body of yours no way you're Mom needs to soap you down."

"Or you could soap me down."

She got out of the headlock and playfully slapped him.

"I'm not soaping you even if you stunk like a dead corpse that had been in a closet for three months."

"That's oddly specific."

"Your face is oddly specific." She joked and pulled him close to her face. "But do I want to kiss you."

"Think you can handle the stink?"

She rolled her eyes and pulled her into a kiss on the sand.