Flashbacks

Then something Ezra didn't expect to happen happened, he collapsed once more onto the floor dropping all of the technicians, who were now unconscious due to the loss of air. They all hit the floor with a thump.

Ezra was then engulfed with a memory, for years and years back.

***

"Focus. Focus on letting go." It was Kanan's voice, coming from across the roof of the Ghost.

"Letting go? Rather hold on, if you don't mind." His past self joked.

"Enough jokes. Focus."

"I'm trying."

"Do or do not. There is no try."

"What does that even mean? How can I do something if I don't try to do it?"

"Well, see actually, that one always confused me too. But Master Yoda sure used to say it a lot." Kanan admitted, feeling as if puzzling his padwan wasn't the answer here.

"I really thought this Jedi stuff would be more interesting. No wonder the old religion died." Zeb piped in and yawned.

Chopper beeped agreement.

"Do something. Amuse me. "Use the Force!"" Zeb said and smirked."

"Does he have to be here?" Ezra complained and shot a death look Zeb's way.

"He's annoying, but there will always be distractions. You need to learn to focus through them. Here. Let's try something else." Kanan advised, pulling out his own lightsaber.

"When do I get my own?" The young Ezra begged.

"Having a laser sword doesn't make you a Jedi."

***
The real Ezra, put his head to the hilt of the red blade.

"A laser sword doesn't make you a Jedi."

***

"Gets me closer." Ezra said, taking the saber from Kanan.

"Careful! There's a control on the side that adjusts the length to your height." Kanan warned, worried.

"I think it should be a little shorter." The lasat teased the kid and Chopper beeped laughter at that remark.

"Okay. Close your eyes. Let him have it, Chopper."  Kanan told he droid, ignoring their teases about Ezra.

Chopper happily threw a milk carton at Ezra. He tried to block it, but it hit him on the shin instead.

"Be precise. Keep the blade up." Kanan said, trying to find a way to help him more.

"That's it, kid. Use your body to slow down that trash." Zeb joked and Chopper continued to throw cartons at Ezra, him missing most of them and the cartons hit his body.

"No. You're not focusing. " Kanan sighed, frustrated.

Chopper got a little crazy with chucking the milk cartons at Ezra and soon Ezra lost his balance on the top of the Ghost.